Indicators with alerts/signal - page 308

Aussie_Pride:
Hi MrTools,

I have a request for a alert to be added to this indicator i have called Trade Channel, and would be ever so great-full for your help.

The alert i would like is for when the top line of the channel points or moves down and the bottom line points or moves up. So for example; top line of channel moves down a alert would sound n message saying channel down or something like that, vice versa for the bottom channel line....... I have attached a pic to try and better explain just in-case i am not making much sense.

Scratch that request!!!

Note to self......Check the indicator out properly for its usefulness before asking for mods

Peace

Aussie_Pride:
Scratch that request!!!

Note to self......Check the indicator out properly for its usefulness before asking for mods

Peace

Hi Aussie,

Did the mod but haven't got the alerts to work every so often (more than i like to admit ) one comes along and stumps me!

Conversion from 3TF to 2TF

The alert on the attached indicator is always on. Have searched all over the internet and been unable to find a properly functioning version. Have also determined that some coders previously attempted to repair same without success. Therefor, my proposal to convert this indicator from 3TF to 2TF in an attempt to rectify the alert issue. 2TF would be more than satisfactory for my purposes and, hopefully, of some utility to others in the community. Sometimes, less is more. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Files:

mrtools:
Hi Aussie, Did the mod but haven't got the alerts to work every so often (more than i like to admit ) one comes along and stumps me!

Hi MrTools,

Sorry for putting you to work for no reason, didn't give it a proper test and jumped the gun a little lol. I am testing a indicator on a Renko chart and the indicator alarm just keeps firing when applied to the Renko charts so i may come back later to ask for a possible fix....But first want to make sure there is no funky type of repainting going on, i don't want to waste your time with needless requests.

Peace;)

Aussie_Pride:
Scratch that request!!!

Peace

aussie is this indicator repaints or redraws?

vladutz112:
aussie is this indicator repaints or redraws?

Yeah it does the way i looking to use it......The way i seen it useful was when the upper line of the channel moved down indicated a sell and vice versa for a buy. The channel lines lag behind the price or in other words the lines will move down or up like 20 or more bars later, so price has already moved from what would be great entries.

May still be useful though if you add it with some other things and maybe have a smaller TP or something..... But the way i was looking at it won't work in the long run, which was when the bottom channel line moved up meant buy n hold till a reverse signal was give to sell.

Mrtools

mrtools:
Dan I think so, let me look into it some more and will see what i can do.

Dear MRTOOLS

This post is JUST for asking if you have any news about the indicator

Thank you very much

Dan

Aussie_Pride:
Yeah it does the way i looking to use it......The way i seen it useful was when the upper line of the channel moved down indicated a sell and vice versa for a buy. The channel lines lag behind the price or in other words the lines will move down or up like 20 or more bars later, so price has already moved from what would be great entries. May still be useful though if you add it with some other things and maybe have a smaller TP or something..... But the way i was looking at it won't work in the long run, which was when the bottom channel line moved up meant buy n hold till a reverse signal was give to sell.

using the setting 1,1,1, it repaints only 1 bar ...what u think can we use it now?

dansmol:
Dear MRTOOLS

This post is JUST for asking if you have any news about the indicator

Thank you very much

Dan

No, still working on putting it together.

mrtools:
No, still working on putting it together.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Regards

Dan

Reason: