EA only trade New York session

For  EA backtesting, how can I program EA only to open trade on New York Session in MT4 and MT5? in History data, is the time is GMT time or else?

xlitang:
For  EA backtesting, how can I program EA only to open trade on New York Session in MT4 and MT5? in History data, is the time is GMT time or else?

Well, the answer is the same with forward testing : how do you set the EA to trade only to certain time.

Time of historical data in MT5 is a broker time. In MT4, time of historical data is depend on where you get the data, and also in MT4 you can - sort of - create your own historical data .

phi.nuts:

Well, the answer is the same with forward testing : how do you set the EA to trade only to certain time.

Time of historical data in MT5 is a broker time. In MT4, time of historical data is depend on where you get the data, and also in MT4 you can - sort of - create your own historical data .

Thanks for your reply. in EA forward testing, I set EA to trade in PC local time. however in back testing, I cannot use PC local time. so what time should I use to identify broker time in Mt5 corresponding to New York session time?

xlitang:

Thanks for your reply. in EA forward testing, I set EA to trade in PC local time. however in back testing, I cannot use PC local time. so what time should I use to identify broker time in Mt5 corresponding to New York session time?

I knew the answer for this but couldn't find the reference.at that time.

Here we go : Simulation of Time in the Strategy Tester

phi.nuts:

I knew the answer for this but couldn't find the reference.at that time.

Here we go : Simulation of Time in the Strategy Tester

Thank you .