Discussion of article "General information on Trading Signals for MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5" - page 9

How do I edit my Login and Broker information on my signals

Raymond Balicki:
How do I edit my Login and Broker information on my signals

On the upper right corner of your signal page (on a computer).

Two Newbie questions if I may :)
1/ I'm in NZ and subscribed to my first paid signal (he lives in the UK) but ignored the number of pairs whose symbols differ, not realising the implications.  The provider trades in many different currency pairs, but I think there is only 1 pair that started auto trading my end.  From what I read here, it seems there is nothing that can be done about this.  Can you manually set MT4 to the same symbols or somehow convert to the correct ones?  It's too late to unsubscribe and get my money back, so wondering what to do!  If this is unfixable, it must be a common issue - does that mean subscribers choose providers from the same region or broker or something so that symbols match?

2/I have two MT4 accounts with a particular broker with different amounts and different strategy purposes.  When I subscribed to the signal mentioned above, I did so via the mql5 dashboard, but perhaps I somehow was logged in to the wrong MT4 account as the signal has been applied to the wrong account.  Short of unsubscribing and paying again, how do I get it changed as the broker says they can't do it at their end. 

Many thanks in advance!

Dave   Warkworth NZ

Dave1_0:

Two Newbie questions if I may :)
1/ I'm in NZ and subscribed to my first paid signal (he lives in the UK) but ignored the number of pairs whose symbols differ, not realising the implications.  The provider trades in many different currency pairs, but I think there is only 1 pair that started auto trading my end.  From what I read here, it seems there is nothing that can be done about this.  Can you manually set MT4 to the same symbols or somehow convert to the correct ones?  It's too late to unsubscribe and get my money back, so wondering what to do!  If this is unfixable, it must be a common issue - does that mean subscribers choose providers from the same region or broker or something so that symbols match?

2/I have two MT4 accounts with a particular broker with different amounts and different strategy purposes.  When I subscribed to the signal mentioned above, I did so via the mql5 dashboard, but perhaps I somehow was logged in to the wrong MT4 account as the signal has been applied to the wrong account.  Short of unsubscribing and paying again, how do I get it changed as the broker says they can't do it at their end. 

Many thanks in advance!

Dave   Warkworth NZ

Can you give some more details about the symbols that are copied and those that aren't. If this is a problem of a suffix in either end, on the provider or you, the only solution is to use some better broker/server setup, ask the signal provider for advice.

You can move your signal subscription to another trading account here, once a week: https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/subscriptions

The signal service / copy trading......are you Metaquotes licensed for this? I thought most signal/cvopy trading these days in UK and Europe required a license, being in Cyprus would mean you need one or have I misunderstood ?

Can you add a stop loss to a trade that you have copied from a signal ?

Gideon Gutu #:
Can you add a stop loss to a trade that you have copied from a signal ?

As far as I know, it will be removed upon synchronization with the signal subscription.

Suppose my deposit load is 500 with leverage 100:1 whereas provider's balance is 356 with the same leverage of 100:1 so the max open lots are 1.3. Now keeping the required margin of each FX pair in mind, it will be around $150-200 for 1.3 lots which is up to 40% of my balance and certainly not recommended for risk management pov. What would you recommend in this situation?   

Sorsys #:
Suppose my deposit load is 500 with leverage 100:1 whereas provider's balance is 356 with the same leverage of 100:1 so the max open lots are 1.3. Now keeping the required margin of each FX pair in mind, it will be around $150-200 for 1.3 lots which is up to 40% of my balance and certainly not recommended for risk management pov. What would you recommend in this situation?   

I don't understand, what are you asking?

Eleni Anna Branou #:

I don't understand, what are you asking?

Reference to deal volume, how to make sure that there is enough free margin to cater to floating drawdown without having margin call.