NEED HELP. I have developed a Highly Profitable EA.

I have developed this Very Highly Profitable EA over the last 18 months. Continually improving it all the time, and now I have come to the stage where I cannot improve it much further. It is a High Frequency trader that can show excellent profits.

The problem is, whilst the market is in a  range, the EA performs beautifully. But when it trends too much, it gets into large drawdowns until the market turns around again. It trades both Long and Short trades, but when it goes too much in one direction is where the problem is.

It is highly configurable from very low risk to high risk.

It works well with EURUSD, but can be used on any of the currencies.

What I would like to know is, which is the least trending currency and which are the best times to trade to avoid any long trends.

Or does anyone have any ideas how to configure it to also handle a trending market as well as a ranging market ?

Thanks

Jim 

Jim Salib:

I have developed this ..

The problem is, whilst the market is in a  range, the EA performs beautifully. But when it trends too much, it gets into large drawdowns until the market turns around again. It trades both Long and Short trades, but when it goes too much in one direction is where the problem is.

What I would like to know is, which is the least trending currency and which are the best times to trade to avoid any long trends.

Or does anyone have any ideas how to configure it to also handl

Try to add ADX filter 
And/or NEWS filter

Mohammad Soubra:

Try to add ADX filter 
And/or NEWS filter

more better is Market Momentum which you can get from my indicators, so stay with low market momentum

if market momentum is high market is trending

Jim Salib:

I have developed this Very Highly Profitable EA over the last 18 months. Continually improving it all the time, and now I have come to the stage where I cannot improve it much further. It is a High Frequency trader that can show excellent profits.

Or does anyone have any ideas how to configure it to also handle a trending market as well as a ranging market ?

Thanks

Jim 

I think,time filter should be first choice,for example avoid to trade London and especially London+USA sessions.conditionally if bad results with high volatile market situations.

then,USDCAN and AUDNZD pairs are better to test with.

Jim Salib:

Thanks

Jim 

If i remember correctly this type of EA existed many years ago and traded very well on EUR/GBP after U.S session, before Asian session begin. You can try it on EUR/GBP, but set the EA trade before Asian Session begins.

tnx

Jim Salib:

Thanks

Jim 

depend on your strategy, if your EA is Scalper type, STAY AWAY FROM HIGH volatility

i think all pair and all time frame is good, as long as you know how your strategy running.