Windows 7 Problem Build 7601 - page 2

fx9 fx9:

That i understand, but it is not the issue im facing, as i said it will not work with ex4 files, it will work with mql4-source code files.

So to clarify the  question, do you have any problem with running ex.4 files using Win 8. or Win 8.1?

Never had any problem regardless of OS.

If you click it to add it to a chart it should write to the expert journal.

fx9 fx9:

That i understand, but it is not the issue im facing, as i said it will not work with ex4 files, it will work with mql4-source code files.

So to clarify the  question, do you have any problem with running ex.4 files using Win 8. or Win 8.1?

I am having windows 8.1 and I do not have any problem with ex4 files.

You can check the folders ... for example, do you see some files in Terminal windows in Metartader? Indicators, EAs?

So, you can go to Data Folder (in metatrader: File - Open Data Folder) to find them in as ex4 for example ... because it may be the issue with folders ... if it is issue with folders so just relocate those ex4 files from old folder to new folder ((in metatrader: File - Open Data Folder).

Or just compile the files once again if you have mql4 sources.

Sergey Golubev:
I am having windows 8.1 and I do not have any problem with ex4 files.

You can check the folders ... for example, do you see some files in Terminal windows in Metartader? Indicators, EAs?

So, you can go to Data Folder (in metatrader: File - Open Data Folder) to find them in as ex4 for example ... because it may be the issue with folders ... if it is issue with folders so just relocate those ex4 files from old folder to new folder ((in metatrader: File - Open Data Folder).

Or just compile the files once again if you have mql4 sources.

They are in the correct folders, no problem there, but with Win 7 they wont run/copy to a chart, Win XP no problem, they work fine.

Marco vd Heijden:

Please check the expert log for error.

Marco vd Heijden:

If you click it to add it to a chart it should write to the expert journal.

Hmm - I haven't read all in detail, but did you try in the terminal's navigator right mouse click => refresh?

May be rename the EA so it starts with an a and you can find it at the top of the list, hide anything else than either EAs or indicators if your folder has really a lot files to show.

Carl Schreiber:

Hmm - I haven't read all in detail, but did you try in the terminal's navigator right mouse click => refresh?

May be rename the EA so it starts with an a and you can find it at the top of the list, hide anything else than either EAs or indicators if your folder has really a lot files to show.

Ill try it later today.

Thanks.

when I had win 7, never problems.

make sure windows does not try to open the file.