Automated Trading Championship 2012: Interview with Ruslan Ziyatdinov (rusland1962)

The Championship keeps providing us with new discoveries, as well as new interesting Participants and unusual ideas implemented in the competition trading robots. While interviewing Ruslan Ziyatdinov (rusland1962), we learned about his simple approach to trading and found out why it is better to trade less frequently.
Ruslan Ziyatdinov (rusland1962) - Participant of the Automated Trading Championship 2012

Hello, Ruslan! It is the first time you are participating in the Championship and you are already close enough to a winning position. Where are you from and how long do you deal with the automated trading?

I live in the Far North in Khanymey village of Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug. I started developing Expert Advisors a year ago after I tried to trade manually using the terminal of VTB24 Bank called onlinebroker. Then VTB24 offered MetaTrader 5 platform. While using the platform, I also had some MQL5 programming experience. At first, I did not have enough knowledge, as I was not quite good at C++. My daughter Elvira, who is a programmer and mathematician graduated from Tomsk university, helped me to master all the peculiarities of the language.

First of all, I tried to generate Expert Advisors and test them. Then I decided to develop trading robots following my own mathematical models. I selected the Expert Advisor based on ATR and started to improve it. As a result, I had about 15 Expert Advisors based on various models at the beginning of the Championship. I have chosen the most reliable of them according to the test results. However, the final optimization has been performed on a light-duty netbook, as I was on vacation that time having a rest in one of the Altai health resorts. Therefore, the number of test passes was small. Now, I use the remarkable function of the strategy tester – connect all available home PCs to perform optimization works. That helped me to increase productivity as much as eight times.

The full text of the news can be found at the Championship's website - Interview with Ruslan Ziyatdinov (rusland1962).