How do I change my mq5 file to ex5 file? - page 2

Sergey Golubev #:

I do not think that it is possible to decompile ex5 file.
But if you are affraid so you can use MQL5 Cloud Protection:

I noticed, product uploads to market fail, in case you use the cloud protection.

So I ask myself, what does cloud protection do in the end?

@Dominik Christian Egert #: I noticed, product uploads to market fail, in case you use the cloud protection. So I ask myself, what does cloud protection do in the end?

It's supposed to be used when you distribute your executables outside of the Market, but still want the added protection wrapping on your executable to make hacking more difficult.

Fernando Carreiro #:

It's supposed to be used when you distribute your executables outside of the Market, but still want the added protection wrapping on your executable to make hacking more difficult.

Aha. Good to know. Is there any further documentation to it?

Dominik Christian Egert #:
I noticed, product uploads to market fail, in case you use the cloud protection.

So I ask myself, what does cloud protection do in the end?

I was reading some reply of MQ that cloud protection is the same protection as for the Market.
Means: if we are uploading the product to the Market so it is already uploading with cloud protection.

@Dominik Christian Egert #: Aha. Good to know. Is there any further documentation to it?

Not that I know of but the lack of information is probably to make it more difficultly to hack it, but I doubt that would deter someone persistent.

Sergey Golubev #:
I was reading some reply of MQ that cloud protection is the same protection as for the Market.
Means: if we are uploading the product to the Market so it is already uploading with cloud protection.
I first compiled with cloud protection and then uploaded. That failed. Took me a while to figure out, protection on the market is applied server side, after uploading a normally compiled file.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Not that I know of but the lack of information is probably to make it more difficultly to hack it, but I doubt that would deter someone persistent.

Yes. It won't help.

But I thought, maybe I am missing some features. It would be nice, if there would be something like "bind to Mql-Account" or bind to machine ID.

Some features to truly enhance that cloud protection and give you control over the protected software. Like life time limiting or other features around licensing.

Also, I don't understand why the cloud protector uses some "private-key" without exposing it to me, the user and author.