Signals : Ask & Say Anything & Everything About MQL5 Trading Signals - page 43

newdigital:
yesterday? may be .- signal provider discunnected his signal during the weekend. And as I see - this signal is for MT4, right? If yes so make sure that you use MT4 for example.

I mean Friday in the afternoon.

I use mt4 and I saw that after my subscription the signalprovider executed some trades. 

Now I see a different message in the mt4 journal: signal - failed parse signal.

robert19:

I mean Friday in the afternoon.

I use mt4 and I saw that after my subscription the signalprovider executed some trades. 

Now I see a different message in the mt4 journal: signal - failed parse signal.

robert19:I also get the message in the journal: credits: activated for 'robert19', balance 38.66 ( frozen 35.00 ) and that is the 35.00 what I paid for the subscription.

You can try on Monday and see. Besides, I see your review on SP page for this signal (and other reviews as well) so I hope that SP (signal provider) will take care about it.

By the way - this is the forum for the signals for MT5 sorry :) 

What do you think is a fair monthly Fee?

How much would u pay for a good strategy?

@Mql5
The option just to get the Payments after a mew monthly High would be nice. (High water mark level)

Thanks for your Feedback!

robert19:

hi, On 5/11/2013 I subscribed and paid to a signal service "Venus111" . I paid everything but then I looked at the Tools menu and it says: Signal: Not connected, select from the signal database.

Also I got the following messages in the MT4 Journal:

Datacenter connectting failed (2) and signal failed send data (403)

I tried it from a VPS and my home pc and I get the same error notifications.

Wait for the opening this evening (for me GMT+2).

Hi.  Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to help me.  With all due respect, I find the "Rules of Using the Signal Service" to be somewhat ambiguous, so I have a few questions:

-If my broker offers mt4 on their website, but not mt5, does that mean I can't download and use mt5 to do trading?

-I am interested in subscribing to a signal provider who is in mt5, can I not get the signals at all if I only use mt4?

-After subscribing to signals, is the only way to receive the signals by them being automatically executed in my trading platform (& according to their trade volume etc.), or is there an option for me to receive the signal and execute it manually myself?  Could they increase the trade volume without warning and wipe out my account at will?

-In the "Rules ..." Part IV it says "It is recommended that trading accounts of the Subscriber and Provider be on the same trade server and in the same group of accounts for trading services provided."  What exactly is the trade server?  Is it the broker, or the Mt4/Mt5 platform?  And I guess, while I'm at it, what is the "same group of accounts"? 

This is just a constructive advice:  I have been trading/studying forex for 10 years and have a pretty good knowledge/understanding base.  I am also a mature Bachelor of Commerce Honours major, and yet I don't really understand much of this website.  It seems likely to me that I am not the only one.  Maybe a simpler more understandable way to set up this website, at least the portion about signals, would be to have a normal page that explains the service/s in layman's terms, and then have the "Rules..." page as extra reading material for those about to buy 'credits,' etc.  That said, I am just trying to be constructive/positive, not to criticize.  Obviously this website is a wealth of knowledge/resources.  It really just seems to cater to experts though. 

Again, thanks for any clarification that can move me forward.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Price Constants
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Price Constants
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Price Constants - Documentation on MQL5

valeagrl1:

Hi.  Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to help me.  With all due respect, I find the "Rules of Using the Signal Service" to be somewhat ambiguous, so I have a few questions:

-If my broker offers mt4 on their website, but not mt5, does that mean I can't download and use mt5 to do trading?

Yes with that broker, but you can try another who provide MT5.

-I am interested in subscribing to a signal provider who is in mt5, can I not get the signals at all if I only use mt4?

No. MT4 signals is for use with an MT4 account, and MT5 signals with an MT5 account, you can't mix.

-After subscribing to signals, is the only way to receive the signals by them being automatically executed in my trading platform (& according to their trade volume etc.), or is there an option for me to receive the signal and execute it manually myself?  Could they increase the trade volume without warning and wipe out my account at will?

Signals service is fully automated, you can't execute a received signal manually. Provider can increase trade volume, but you have some parameters to protect your account.

-In the "Rules ..." Part IV it says "It is recommended that trading accounts of the Subscriber and Provider be on the same trade server and in the same group of accounts for trading services provided."  What exactly is the trade server?  Is it the broker, or the Mt4/Mt5 platform?  And I guess, while I'm at it, what is the "same group of accounts"? 

The trader server is from the broker, it's the system who execute your trading operations. There are several type of account (mini, standard, pro, ecn...) it's better to have same type of account as provider.

This is just a constructive advice:  I have been trading/studying forex for 10 years and have a pretty good knowledge/understanding base.  I am also a mature Bachelor of Commerce Honours major, and yet I don't really understand much of this website.  It seems likely to me that I am not the only one.  Maybe a simpler more understandable way to set up this website, at least the portion about signals, would be to have a normal page that explains the service/s in layman's terms, and then have the "Rules..." page as extra reading material for those about to buy 'credits,' etc.  That said, I am just trying to be constructive/positive, not to criticize.  Obviously this website is a wealth of knowledge/resources.  It really just seems to cater to experts though. 

Again, thanks for any clarification that can move me forward.

angevoyageur:
Yes with that broker, but you can try another who provide MT5.

No. MT4 signals is for use with an MT4 account, and MT5 signals with an MT5 account, you can't mix.

Signals service is fully automated, you can't execute a received signal manually. Provider can increase trade volume, but you have some parameters to protect your account.

The trader server is from the broker, it's the system who execute your trading operations. There are several type of account (mini, standard, pro, ecn...) it's better to have same type of account as provider.

Thanks, you've been very helpful.  I have one other question please:  how long do you think it will be approx. until a platform update is made that will allow me to keep trade signal trades open without keeping my computer on 24/7? 

Kindest,

valeagrl1:

Thanks, you've been very helpful.  I have one other question please:  how long do you think it will be approx. until a platform update is made that will allow me to keep trade signal trades open without keeping my computer on 24/7? 

Kindest,

Unfortunetaly there is no information available about this.