cannot load custom indicator 'B' [4002] - page 2

Mahdi Ebrahimzadeh:

I have same problem and did checked parameters type! 

My code is this! it calculates Weighed ATR and pass it through ADATR function!  

I tested this code individually and it works perfectly! But when I try to use it in my main code, Error 4002 just pops up!!!

I tried all mentioned solutions and guesses mentioned in this article! but NO progress!!!

Has anyone any savior Idea?!

Mahdi, 

My friend I am having the same issue.. did you ever find a solution to this issue? 

birchrockcapital:

Mahdi, 

My friend I am having the same issue.. did you ever find a solution to this issue? 

Show us your code, we don't have crystal ball :-))

This is only partially related to the post of the original poster. This is the solution I discovered after encountering the same 4002 error with an indicator I downloaded from the MT5 market. The first input parameter was the name of the custom indicator, a string, naturally; the second was the period of a moving average, an int; and the third was where it got interesting. It was one of those things where you had to pick the MA method from a dropdown list:

(0) Simple Moving Average

(1) Exponential  Moving Average

(2) Smoothed

(3) Linear weighted MA

In the code, I had been writing out the full string, "Linear weighted MA", exactly as it appeared in the dropdown. This was the source of my error. The code didn't want a string. It wanted an int! When I entered the int that corresponded with the position of  "Linear weighted MA" in the dropdown list (in this case, the number 3), BOOM! The error went away and everything worked!