MT5: Multiple Trade on same Pair

Good morning everyone,

I am pretty new to MT and after failed attempts to find an answer to my question on the web, I decided to ask directly where the experts are likely to be...

When you place several buy/sell limit for a single currency pair, MT5 seems to merge the trades. how does it work?

For example, if we take the USD/CAD pair. I want to place the following buy limit:

1) Price: 1.2740, SL: 1.2700, TP: 1.2800, 1 mini lot

2) Price: 1.2735, SL: 1.2700, TP: 1.2800, 1 mini lot

3) Price: 1.2730, SL: 1.2700, TP: 1.2800, 1 mini lot

4) Price: 1.2725, SL: 1.2700, TP: 1.2800, 1 mini lot

5) Price: 1.2720, SL: 1.2700, TP: 1.2800, 1 mini lot

Let's assume that the price goes down all the way to 1.2715. All my Buy Limit should have been triggered (and that works, I tested it).

Now, let's assume that the price goes all the way back to 1.2800 (my TP for all of them). What should be my profit? If I add up all the 5 Buy Limit, I should be getting 60+65+70+75+80=350 Pips. Is that the case?

When I tested it, all my Buy Limit became a single order. I am not sure how to calculate my total pip win. How does MT5 works when it merges all my trades like that? Is there a way to force the different trades to stay separate?

Many thanks

PS: and if I put different TP levels, would it work?

Hello, same question a few years later .. any tips?

Nguyen Chan:

You must request hedging on your account and then all orders of the same pair will be shown separately.  I also figured that out this week.  You can request it from the chat help or if you log onto your account there is a button to request hedging, or by email.

There may be times when you don't want hedging e.g. when you are adding more and more orders and chasing a trend as it could get messy.  But for one or two orders having hedging enabled is great.

check with your broker and request for single position account or hedging on your account.