Discussion of article "How to Subscribe to Trading Signals" - page 20

Karputov Vladimir:
In this case, blame your broker. Require the broker to enable the tab "Signals".
Ok, thank you.

Cannot subscribe to signals

I tried going through the directions to subscribe.  I deposited money into my account, found a signal provided I wanted to follow and hit "copy trades" from the website.  I was asked if I wanted to "launch an application"  I said yes. I never got to the screen that asks "Do you really want to subscribe" or where you can set your parameters (i.e. max % of account). 

When I look under "My subscriptions"  none are listed.   I tried to find the signals directly though my MT4 platform rather than the website, but I do not have a signals tab.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'd lie to get them set up.

More info on above.

I am using the latest build of MT4 version 4.00 840 (Jun 12, 2015), google Chrome and FXCM as my broker.  I live in the US so I am very limited on choice of brokers.   

jjdancer:

More info on above.

I am using the latest build of MT4 version 4.00 840 (Jun 12, 2015), google Chrome and FXCM as my broker.  I live in the US so I am very limited on choice of brokers.   

If you can make use of signals or not is also determined by your specific broker.  If they do not allow it, even if your trading platform normally has the ability, you will not be able to use signals, because the broker has them disabled on any platform that they allow their customers to use.

JD4:
If you can make use of signals or not is also determined by your specific broker.  If they do not allow it, even if your trading platform normally has the ability, you will not be able to use signals, because the broker has them disabled on any platform that they allow their customers to use.
Thanks JD4, boy that would be a disappointment! 

GuntisG:

Hi,

How can I switch between my accounts when I subscribe to Signals from MQL5? I have several Demo and Live accounts with different brokers. It is not a problem to connect a Signal if I can find it in the Signals list of the particular MT4 client terminal, but the Signal is not always in the list even if it is obviously compatible with my account. Then I have to add the Signal from MQL5 site and this is where I have a problem. The Signal from MQL5 site is always directed to the MT4 account that I logged in to the site first. Of course I have logged in from the rest of my accounts too. I have this same problem with all downloads from MQL5: EAs, Indicators.

use Mozilla firefox to browse the mql5 website and select copy trade from firefox, it will allow you to browse via windows file explorer to the folder of the mt4 you want to use and select the terminal exe.

Do you need Metatrader is activated when copy trading signals?

Vespa64:
Do you need Metatrader is activated when copy trading signals?
Yes

For Copy trading signals of signal providers, should I have VPS for my account???

Arkf:
For Copy trading signals of signal providers, should I have VPS for my account???
No.