Merge 2 or more indicator for BackTest.

Hello guys,

I am wanting to join two indicators in order to make a backtest, there is this possibility?

Or will I need to hire a programmer to join the two in an EA, to then be able to make my backtest?

I await help!

Thank you,
Danrop

Just drop any indicator you want to backtest on the chart. It is will work

Thanks for the reply, but had tested this hint, but does not work, the tester strategy simply does not accept drag the indicator.
Any other suggestions?

If your EA depends on the signals of the indicators of course you need to change the code of the EA to get them.

Is it MT4 or MT5? Did you follow instructions? Do you see some errors in logs?
Indicator Testing - Auto Trading - MetaTrader 4 Help
Indicator Testing - Auto Trading - MetaTrader 4 Help
  • www.metatrader4.com
The Strategy Tester in the trading platform allows you to test not only Expert Advisors, but also indicators. This can be done in the visual...

If you mean the backtest should make trades, then you definitely need a EA. If you want to see how indicators work in past, drop them on a live chart and scroll back.

Hello fellows,

Carl then understood that within the EA I can do this kind of thing. But my problem is simple, I want to make a backtest with more than 1 indicator to see if it is worth creating an EA with them.

And Stanislav, this article still with the same problem, only one indicator can be tested.

About the idea of joining them in the graphic live, I know, but would like to follow the formation of the indicator in "real-time".

To make it easy, my goal is to test two indicators to see if it would be interesting to mount an EA with them, understand what I want to do? 

Thanksssssss 

Danilo Rios:

Hello fellows,

Carl then understood that within the EA I can do this kind of thing. But my problem is simple, I want to make a backtest with more than 1 indicator to see if it is worth creating an EA with them.

And Stanislav, this article still with the same problem, only one indicator can be tested.

About the idea of joining them in the graphic live, I know, but would like to follow the formation of the indicator in "real-time".

To make it easy, my goal is to test two indicators to see if it would be interesting to mount an EA with them, understand what I want to do? 

Thanksssssss 

Hi Danilo,

I have the issue and question, if you found any solution, please let me know.

Thanks. 

Danilo Rios:
Thanks for the reply, but had tested this hint, but does not work, the tester strategy simply does not accept drag the indicator.
Any other suggestions?

If you create a template called Tester with required indicators then will be loaded by Strategy Tester in visual mode when a test is run.