A questions about the MT4.

HI there,

I have two accounts in one MT4 platform.  I want to try use two EAs to trade a currency pair on two different accounts.

For example,

A account, using EA_1 to trade EUR/USD.

B account, Using EA_2 to trade EUR/USD.

Is this possible? If yes, can you tell me how?

Thanks  

JINGHAO_CHEN:

HI there,

I have two accounts in one MT4 platform.  I want to try use two EAs to trade a currency pair on two different accounts.

For example,

A account, using EA_1 to trade EUR/USD.

B account, Using EA_2 to trade EUR/USD.

Is this possible? If yes, can you tell me how?

Thanks  

Hi Jinghao

This is not possible. However, what you can do is install two version of MetaTrader for the same broker and run each account on each installed version. When installing the platform for that broker, you will need to install to a different folder to create a new installation. EG.  C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader1 and C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader2

This way the EA will be separated across each platform and you can run your EA's individually on each platform/account. 

Daniel Krebs:

Hi Jinghao

This is not possible. However, what you can do is install two version of MetaTrader for the same broker and run each account on each installed version. When installing the platform for that broker, you will need to install to a different folder to create a new installation. EG.  C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader1 and C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader2

This way the EA will be separated across each platform and you can run your EA's individually on each platform/account. 

Thank you very much, Daniel Krebs. Your advise is very helpful.