Discussion of article "MetaTrader 5 features hedging position accounting system" - page 3

Diogo Seca:
There's something I must not be grasping here. I don't see any overall benefit when it comes to hedging this way.
I mean, as I see it, the reason MQL5 never allowed hedging like this in the first place was because hedging a position by opening an opposite position is the same thing as simply closing the first one.

Why would a user prefer the "hedging system" to the "netting system"?

The only reason I could see for this implementation is more compatibility with brokers, somehow. Any insights here?
I'm also waiting for a broker with real accounts for MT5 Hedging...

In other words, while the MT5 is advertised to have more features than MT4, it (in fact) restricts the traders' options.

This is how I see it and it wasn't really necesary for the traders as most of them are happy with MT4. It's like others have said, MT4 is for the traders, MT5 is for the brokers :)

Carl Schreiber:

What about the commission?

If I have two open positions, one buy, one sell, and close the 'sell' by the 'buy' I have paid twice the commission. But I would have paid only once the commission if I just close the buy, isn't it?

But what if a broker isn't asking for a commission but has increased the spread? Don't I pay the spread twice as well?

What about Carl's concern about paying the commission twice? Any answers from MetaQuotes, any experiences, please?