Martingale Again???! - page 9

796790:

when you have a system with max 8 consesutive losses backtested for 20 years.

Then apply the new martingale.

Now you have hopefully a better chance of having a good trade.

After a profit stop trading and start again when there are 4 losses again.

But i am currios is there such a system or code availeble to studie 

So you want to throw out all the times it went profitable the first time, and all the times it went profitable the second time, and all the times it went profitable the third time,

And wait and wait until you encounter 4 consecutive losses, to then enter a trade ?

And believe this one trade will outperform all 3 other (profitable) scenario's ?

Marco vd Heijden:

So you want to throw out all the times it went profitable the first time, and all the times it went profitable the second time, and all the times it went profitable the third time,

And wait and wait until you encounter 4 consecutive losses, to then enter a trade ?

And believe this one trade will outperform all 3 other (profitable) scenario's ?

This is a catch-22 situation. Two possible outcomes: 1. Outperform or 2. Keep losing. 

Anton Nel:

This is a catch-22 situation. Two possible outcomes: 1. Outperform or 2. Keep losing. 

The answer should be clear.

The difference between being in the market continuously, and waiting forever for each 4 consecutive losses.

I just wonder what makes 796790 think that the odds on a positive outcome are higher after 4 consecutive losses.

Marco vd Heijden:

The answer should be clear.

The difference between being in the market continuously, and waiting forever for each 4 consecutive losses.

I just wonder what makes 796790 think that the odds on a positive outcome are higher after 4 consecutive losses.

It seems that he or she thinks there is a chance and want to study and try. 

I cannot personally recommend any martingale strategy to any trader. I lost money several times with that method. But it can work for some people depending on the entry point. If you get the good entry point maybe you wont need too many trades to recover. 

Kossi Lanzo:
I cannot personally recommend any martingale strategy to any trader. I lost money several times with that method. But it can work for some people depending on the entry point. If you get the good entry point maybe you wont need too many trades to recover. 

Kossi Lanzo: you are right  . . .

i also loose too much using martingale  . . . . . . . .