Martingale Again???! - page 4

I think that Martingale alone wont work unless you have unlimited amount of money and time. Instead you need to modify the rules of your EA to cope when the market go's against you.

I for example combine Martingale and Grid trading, then apply a money management rule based on a drawdown value of a certain dollar figure. Once this has occurred then enable a basket trading mode to get out at breakeven across all open trades currently in drawdown. This breakeven point can then be adjusted if more entries are taken to move it closer to the current market price.

There are a few other things that I use for risk management but in the end I believe that a modified Martingale strategy can work out very nicely.

There is no way for martingale system.. It is only garbage.. 

Here's an alternative to martingale. But, if you find yourself in too deep, no recovery system in the world is going to bail you out. Take the loss and move on. I do use martingale with some trading strategies, but I limit my consecutive losses to 3 or 4. If any of my EAs are performing above 3 or 4 consecutive losses when tested over a 2 or 3 year period . I throw it in the trash. It's a looser and always will be. Chris
Files:

Martingale works, you should be able to use them correctly

Martingale is stupid doubling til the bitter end and will either not work or will make too low profits when the distance is too big.

What some talk about here is limit progression, which is a big difference. Limit progression can be realized with a grid and an SL. For example when you trade the Dow, you can set up a grid with limit 5 orders at a distance of 2 points each and a size progression of 1.3-2.0 whereby the 6th line in the grid is the SL. This way its possible to soften the entry to a range of 10 points and to increase the chance to be profitable when there is a signal. If you furthermore work with virtual limit orders and an override protection, which prevent the grid to be filled all at once in one move, this can be a real edge. I've tested this in strategy tester and live (also demonstrated live proofs in a facebook group). Such a grid helps you at least to win time when the price does not move into the direction you wanted, because its able to catch the so called noise and to generate profit with it. But as mentioned before, this is not the definition of Martingale!

I can make a video which demonstrates this - if I am allowed by the mod. 

May i ask one question
What is the difference between between martingale and scalping

Mohammad Soubra:
May i ask one question
What is the difference between between martingale and scalping

Scalping: Short term trading (trades are hold few minutes or even seconds).

Martingale: There are many versions of martingale but the classical one means doubling risk after a loss. 

mantab.. thanks for information

Damian Mateusz Dziadosz:

Scalping: Short term trading (trades are hold few minutes or even seconds).

Martingale: There are many versions of martingale but the classical one means doubling risk after a loss. 

What the binifit of openinng a trade few seconds

Mohammad Soubra:
What the binifit of openinng a trade few seconds
no benefit