Automated Trading Championship 2010 - page 3

Are there different categories or is it simply who makes the most money wins?  It has always been my belief that anyone can create a product to generate earnings, but can it weather time in the market?  How does it preserve earnings how does it handle money management, to me these are some categories that are more important to successful developers.  If it is based on just generating earnings without regards to these elements then it teaches and encourages risky investing.

LEHayes:

Are there different categories or is it simply who makes the most money wins?  It has always been my belief that anyone can create a product to generate earnings, but can it weather time in the market?  How does it preserve earnings how does it handle money management, to me these are some categories that are more important to successful developers.  If it is based on just generating earnings without regards to these elements then it teaches and encourages risky investing.

Yes, I've seen this in forex championships, especially in the ones organized by brokers - that are actually manual trading contests. Since many traders don't employ automation, because at least in the past a VPS server was quite expensive (thankfully the crysis cut down the prices) and the one with the largest equity wins, these become actually reckless trading contests. For instance, in Romania, about 40.000 traders battle one or two times a year for a Porsche. Add some market gut, lots of leverage and a black swan of luck and we have a winner! However, automated trading is completely different, whatever means reckless in the machine style of trading may not seem reckless to a human observer, but surfaces at a more in-depth analysis of the system. More trades to check validity of the trading system, low leverage to let the big numbers law help you, this is money management, and in its extreme form, the HFT algos are the ones that match this description. Sadly, level I trading and one-asset backtesting sported by MT4 gave a hilarious note to retail systems, that now span over a lot of forms, from pretty higher trading frequency to the very lowest ones, sporting ideas that would never be even taken into consideration in institutional environments. Hopefully MT5 may start the reversal of this trend.

hey, Lenar,

do ATC 2010 have other currency can be use, there are 12 currenecy available in ATC 2008

https://championship.mql5.com/2012/en/2008

also how many position for maximum in ATC 2010? 

THANKS 

Rules - Automated Trading Championship 2008
  • championship.mql5.com
Rules - Automated Trading Championship 2008

I am more worried about all bugs being fixed before the championship starts. It would a real pain in the ass to participate in a competition not knowing if your EA works correctly.

enivid:

I am more worried about all bugs being fixed before the championship starts. It would a real pain in the ass to participate in a competition not knowing if your EA works correctly.

Yea I agree, That is why I hope MQL4 are also allowed because I have a gut feel MQL5 is going to be in beta for a while time (I might be wrong).

Once they implemented all functionality we definitely need tweaking around basic operations like placing trades etc.

I still believe we are making the right move with MQL5. Life is simple in objects ;-)

hi all,

i am a comp. science engineer and and a day trader.i want to take part in this championship.i am a newbie to all this stuff.

pls suggest me from where should i start ?

ur help is really appreciated... 

rtxing:

ur help is really appreciated... 

See firstly https://championship.mql5.com/2012/ru
Automated Trading Championship 2008
  • championship.mql5.com
Automated Trading Championship 2008

I don't know whether it's possible (due to some licensing issues, probably), but it would be really cool if spectators of the championship could place their bets on the participants' EAs :).

Maybe, you could cooperate with some on-line betting website to set this up.

when launched?