Post links to www.MQL5.com and together we'll make MetaTrader 5 the best trading terminal in the world!

Dear traders and developers,

Let's make MQL5 Community and MetaTrader 5 better together. We encourage you to post links to this site wherever you can - on your personal website, on forums, in blogs and social networks. The wider the audience of MQL5.com is, the more remarks and suggestions on the terminal improvement we receive. With such a rich feedback, we will make MetaTrader 5 better for you. It is you who will gain the greatest benefit from it.

Post links to www.MQL5.com and together we'll make MetaTrader 5 the best trading terminal in the world!

Files:
banners_mql5.zip  433 kb

Are you sure you can handle an even bigger audience? My impression from the last 2,5 years was that MQ hardly ever dealt with suggestions made. Maybe they did - but they didn't tell anyone. The ticket system is accessible to certain users only - not to anyone - and even those are not able to see the tickets of others. Many other software companies have public wishlists and let their users decide about features.

Also it would be great if you wouldn't "surprise" us with your releases all the time and instead set up a reliable release plan we can include in our own plannings.

Anyway: it's not that your software is all bad, but these are some major points that I'm bothered by.

Hi Rosh et al,

Adding ALL the following to the v5 editor would be very helpful and useful :

-  'Tracer'  & /or a 'single' step capacity in the Editor. It makes troubleshooting SO much easier, more effective and faster and helps make for better, more stable, efficient and faster code structure.

-  Global 'search and replace' capacity
-  Macro capacity to v5 editor would be beneficial.
- built in dictionary in the editor would definitely be a bonus for lamers like moi!
- Having the Editor show where the problem actually is in all cases.
when there is a problem like a missing '{' or '}' would be VERY helpful.
- A search capacity in the MQL5 'book' would add to it's usefulness considerably.
- The capacity to halt and save a strategy optimization run and then continue them later would be very useful as they can be VERY long which usually results in them not getting completed. AutoSave capacity such as the trade journal might be a good way to resolve this along with adding the ability for the end user to do it manually as well.

MQL5 Editor:

I'm wondering if there is a way for AutoChecking on if all of the parenthesis and brackets/braces are in pairs in 'real time' while writing code in it. 

I have no idea how this could be done, but perhaps having them change colors if the are 'loners' as opposed to being mated in pairs?

I had one EA recently that apparently had a 'straggler' in it that I kept getting error messages on when compiling it but I could not find it.

I thought perhaps it was a 'false positive' so I finally copied and pasted it into MS Word and used the global 'search' and replace' capacity including highlighting and counting all of the instances of each.  It confirmed what the MQL Editor was telling me:  the counts differed by one.  I then carefully blocked off sections of the code using the multiple comment capacity: ' /* all of this is ignored */ ' to narrow it down and home in on it until I found it.

Even this was quite helpful.  So if it is not realistic to completely automate the mating of parenthesis and braces/brackets, even the counting capacity would be helpful. It could be enhanced by only counting the instances in highlighted sections as well as the entire EA.

I'm not sure about this, but in the MQL4 Editor, it seems to me that the description of Parenthesis and Braces and Brackets is not clearly defined and always uses the same term for different characters:  {   (   [  ]   )   }

IF this is the case, then it would definitely be better if it was always consistent. Though as I said, I am not sure if it is not already this way or if the confusion is on my part.

Rosh posted  :

Dear traders and developers,

Let's make MQL5 Community and MetaTrader 5 better together. We encourage you to post links to this site wherever you can - on your personal website, on forums, in blogs and social networks. The wider the audience of MQL5.com is, the more remarks and suggestions on the terminal improvement we receive. With such a rich feedback, we will make MetaTrader 5 better for you. It is you who will gain the greatest benefit from it.

I like to see simple one change on chart "show OHLC " and range (H-L), that is how many ticks/pips. in making the bar.. I like these charts and new to it. I use TOS alot and want to learn how auto trade works here. Thanks for server issue update, few months back I face the same issue and there was no update here. I like the small and steady improvements. Rakesh

1. Add version control support for Meta Editor.  

2. Support Indicator buffers for Expert adviser (enable visual debugging)

3. Add middle Layer between Position and order that enable to see the structure of the position.  

BR

chatnis. 

Can MT5 trade stock?

song_song:

Can MT5 trade stock?

Yes, it can. MetaTrader 5 was planned for trading on stocks, futures and etc.

Does *.ex5 files easily to be decompile as *.ex4 files?