Age Minimum For MQL5 Championship

Why must there be an age minimum for the MQL5 championship?

I am 15 and have two years experience programming EAs.

I would really like to participate in the competition, however I cannot because the age minimum is 16. 

akivad:

Why must there be an age minimum for the MQL5 championship?

I am 15 and have two years experience programming EAs.

I would really like to participate in the competition, however I cannot because the age minimum is 16. 

Think I read this before. Are you multiple posting coz you didn't get any answer ?, please don't multiple post.

The reason why you can't participate is because you can't even fake your own ID card :) - no I'm joking -  I don't think MetaQuotes has any age restriction, but those brokers who sponsored the championship may have some restriction. You must at least 18 y.o to open a live account with broker - try open live account at migbank for example - you may try it now - online - they sponsored last year championship.

Brokers don't wanna break any laws so they turned you down :(. Brokers is not a bank. You can open a saving account with bank if they provide saving account for teenage for example.  

Do you know MQL4 ?, there's plenty trading contest on monthly even weekly basis - google forex contest and you have them all. Though, your age may ... :(

I read somewhere about many man faking their ID so they can defend their country in WW II. It's breaking the laws faking some ID, but it worth to die fighting for his country.

I'll work on that ID cards if I we're you ... 

...or get representative. 

onewithzachy:

Think I read this before. Are you multiple posting coz you didn't get any answer ?, please don't multiple post.

The reason why you can't participate is because you can't even fake your own ID card :) - no I'm joking -  I don't think MetaQuotes has any age restriction, but those brokers who sponsored the championship may have some restriction. You must at least 18 y.o to open a live account with broker - try open live account at migbank for example - you may try it now - online - they sponsored last year championship.

Brokers don't wanna break any laws so they turned you down :(. Brokers is not a bank. You can open a saving account with bank if they provide saving account for teenage for example.  

Do you know MQL4 ?, there's plenty trading contest on monthly even weekly basis - google forex contest and you have them all. Though, your age may ... :(

I read somewhere about many man faking their ID so they can defend their country in WW II. It's breaking the laws faking some ID, but it worth to die fighting for his country.

I'll work on that ID cards if I we're you ... 

...or get representative. 

I posted it on MQL4 forums before, but I realized it would be more appropriate on MQL5.

Yes I know MQL4 & MQL5.

However I don't think it would be a good idea to lie about my identity.

The age minimum is 16 not 18 for the competition so I don't think it's a legal issue. I will be 16 by the time the competition finishes if that changes anything. 

akivad:

I posted it on MQL4 forums before, but I realized it would be more appropriate on MQL5.

Yes I know MQL4 & MQL5.

However I don't think it would be a good idea to lie about my identity.

The age minimum is 16 not 18 for the competition so I don't think it's a legal issue. I will be 16 by the time the competition finishes if that changes anything. 

You're right, I should check first, it is 16 y.o. Maybe it's law in Russia of required minimum of age for participating in competition with huge sum of prize, or something like that.

I was joking about IDs ...

How about representative ? 

onewithzachy:

You're right, I should check first, it is 16 y.o. Maybe it's law in Russia of required minimum of age for participating in competition with huge sum of prize, or something like that.

I was joking about IDs ...

How about representative ? 

I didn't see anything about representative on the rules page. 

akivad:

I didn't see anything about representative on the rules page. 

kinda lie ... :) and actually braking some ATC rules. You know someone who you can trust and older than you and know how to trade ?. Co-operate with him/her, S/he apply for ATC and claim that the EA is his/her. S/he do all stuff. If you win ... I mean if s/he win, you have to split the prize with him/her though :(.

So you're really have to trust this person, and this person should know not 'a couple' about trading, but knows a lot.

The other forex contest, what do you think ? 

Dear akivad,

Please don't get me wrong here. I'm not asking you to lie. I admire honesty and I hate liar.

Maybe the words I choose a little bit to 'strong'.

Here' let's forget this for a while and look at several cases :

Ever heard the late Whitney Houston ?, So I heard she never wrote her own song, other people did. Or should I say other people wrote a song and Whitney sung the song of this songwriter (and did all the celebrities stuff too). Ever read sbraer, he's from Italy, work for some financial firm, introduced to forex by his friend, brainkiller, with all respect to him, do you think he get his trading idea from where he work and his brainkiller friend?

Because ATC can only accept individual participant and not a group, what I'm asking you is to have other people sing the song you write. I know some participant who did not make his EA all by himself, it was works of several people, but because the ATC rules, he's the person to come forward and apply and participate -  and claim that this is his EA.

You've already post this topic in mql4, but if you keep asking "why" you never get the answer of "how" ( - to get participate in ATC) .

Got it ?

:) 

Interview with Andrea Zani (sbraer) - Automated Trading Championship 2011
  • championship.mql5.com
On the eleventh week of the Automated Trading Championship, Andrea Zani (sbraer) got featured very close to the top five of the competition. It is on the sixth place with about 47,000 USD now. Andrea's Expert Advisor AZXY has made only one losing deal, which was at the very beginning of the Championship. Since then, its equity curve has been steadily growing.

onewithzachy:

Dear akivad,

Please don't get me wrong here. I'm not asking you to lie. I admire honesty and I hate liar.

Maybe the words I choose a little bit to 'strong'.

Here' let's forget this for a while and look at several cases :

Ever heard the late Whitney Houston ?, So I heard she never wrote her own song, other people did. Or should I say other people wrote a song and Whitney sung the song of this songwriter (and did all the celebrities stuff too). Ever read sbraer, he's from Italy, work for some financial firm, introduced to forex by his friend, brainkiller, with all respect to him, do you think he get his trading idea from where he work and his brainkiller friend?

Because ATC can only accept individual participant and not a group, what I'm asking you is to have other people sing the song you write. I know some participant who did not make his EA all by himself, it was works of several people, but because the ATC rules, he's the person to come forward and apply and participate -  and claim that this is his EA.

You've already post this topic in mql4, but if you keep asking "why" you never get the answer of "how" ( - to get participate in ATC) .

Got it ?

:) 

Yeah I got it.

Thanks for the reply.

However, this wouldn't really work for me. I don't want to compete for the prize money, I want to compete to so when I apply for university I have something to impress them with.