how can I enable a symbol for trade?

Hi,

When I try to enable XAUUSD in its property to trade, I could not change it, I double click on it , nothing change. I do anything wrong?

Thanks

MyDream:

Hi,

When I try to enable XAUUSD in its property to trade, I could not change it, I double click on it , nothing change. I do anything wrong?

Thanks
I think you cannot enable it. It is disable from broker side not client side.

biantoro:
I think you cannot enable it. It is disable from broker side not client side.

Biantoro,

I am using a demo that I download from this website, who is the broker? How can I get a version that XAU is enable?

Thanks

Some broker allow you to see the chart, but you cannot do any trading.  You should check with your broker if they are allowed you to trade on this pair.

MyDream:

Biantoro,

I am using a demo that I download from this website, who is the broker? How can I get a version that XAU is enable?

Thanks

There is no broker if you download from this website, data is coming from server MetaQuotes-demo. You can try download MT 5 from broker like instaforex, gomarkets, alpari,etc .. I dont know whether they have XAU enable or not, but you can try it.

Biantoro,

Thanks for your help. I download mt5 from instaforex, they have XAU enable.

But new problem comes out:

The same EA, the same setting and the same time period, but the result from MT5 of MetaQuotes-demo and from instaforex are so much different, one is profit 94 828.20, the other one is loss 1 669.78.

I notice the bars and ticks are different. Which result I should trust? How come so much different?

In the future, if I have a good EA, will the different happen if I want to apply a EA to another forex company?

Thanks

MyDream:

Biantoro,

Thanks for your help. I download mt5 from instaforex, they have XAU enable.

But new problem comes out:

The same EA, the same setting and the same time period, but the result from MT5 of MetaQuotes-demo and from instaforex are so much different, one is profit 94 828.20, the other one is loss 1 669.78.

I notice the bars and ticks are different. Which result I should trust? How come so much different?

In the future, if I have a good EA, will the different happen if I want to apply a EA to another forex company?

Thanks

Every broker has a different data, but I dont know why the different is so big with your ea.

In the future if you want to apply an EA to another broker, you must check or test your ea first, and then try it with demo account. After that you can try it in the real account.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5