Case sensitive autocomplete ...

Is there a way to turn the case sensitivity in auto complete off?

If we have to use it with case sensitive typing then it is is good as nothing : not only that we have to know the name of something but also we have to know what type of letters were used in creation of it, and I sincerely doubt that auto complete was invented to force us to remember everything ...

I wanna know too.

mladen:

If we have to use it with case sensitive typing then it is is good as nothing : not only that we have to know the name of something but also we have to know what type of letters were used in creation of it, and I sincerely doubt that auto complete was invented to force us to remember everything ...

You can open "Tools" and then "Options". In the "General" tab uncheck Auto list names.

Sorry

But that is even worse (in that case I have to remember everything since there is no "quick" reminder at all). In my opinion case sensitive auto complete is useless (not a single serious coding platform has a case sensitive auto complete). Even the "quick search" is doing the same kind of thing. Try it : press <CTRL>+<SPACE> and then use a wrong first letter. Now try that same thing in visual studio. So, as soon as you are wrong a simple case of a single letter of what you are looking for, you are left on your own with no help at all. And thus, instead of helping you, it is there just to be there, nothing else. It must be case insensitive or it is worthless

mladen:

Looking for a solution too!

Hopefully Metaquotes can fix this issue...

mladen:

+1.

You must write suggestion in ServiceDesk 

It used to be case insensitive and I remember being confused (happens often!) when it changed.