limiting drawdown in grid system

I am a big fan of grid trading system, because it can bring us good earning in short time.
But we all know grid trading is dangerous, because it can result in huge drawdown when the market start trending.

Most of the time the market just go sideway and we have no problem with that. Do you think we need to have a script or ea that can close all order when certain percent of drawdown has been reached. Do you think this will work together with grid EAs?

sunny7day:
I am a big fan of grid trading system, because it can bring us good earning in short time.
But we all know grid trading is dangerous, because it can result in huge drawdown when the market start trending.

Most of the time the market just go sideway and we have no problem with that. Do you think we need to have a script or ea that can close all order when certain percent of drawdown has been reached. Do you think this will work together with grid EAs?
Maybe if you can find the good settings. Closing too early will results in a losing strategy, closing too late will results in a losing strategy.

Alain Verleyen:
Maybe if you can find the good settings. Closing too early will results in a losing strategy, closing too late will results in a losing strategy.
yes I agree, the drawdown limitation should not be too tight or large.

anyways I am testing a grid ea with a drawdown limiter in demo account now.

Open order in opposite direction if you See that the market is not moving like you want