Metatrader 4 live chart feed not updating on Windows 7

I have installed an MT4 demo trading platform which is showing as connected. Auto scroll is on.
I however am unable to get any real time live chart updates. The clock is not moving.

I am using Windows 7 & I have tried reintsalling the mt4 platform however am still not getting live data feeds.

Hope someone can help. Thanks 

blusbruva:
I have installed an MT4 demo trading platform which is showing as connected. Auto scroll is on.
I however am unable to get any real time live chart updates. The clock is not moving.

I am using Windows 7 & I have tried reintsalling the mt4 platform however am still not getting live data feeds.

Hope someone can help. Thanks 

It's the weekend, markets are closed. That's why the clock isn't moving and why there's no live data :)

Hi. The chart feed wasn't moving during the week when I installed it ? 

blusbruva:
Hi. The chart feed wasn't moving during the week when I installed it ? 
Are you logged into a broker? Which one? What does the connection indicator say (bottom right)? Are there any messages in your journal tab?

Hi,

Am using Onada demo account. Bottom right of connection status looks to be connected with top half green/ bottom half red bars - 972/1 kb

2015.08.02 16:13:13.707 '8127705': previous successful authorization performed from 122.148.61.38

2015.08.02 16:13:11.884 '8127705': login on OANDA-GMT-5 Practice through OANDA-MT4 Practice

2015.08.02 16:12:52.829 '8127705': ping to current access point OANDA-MT4 Practice is 227.79 ms

2015.08.02 16:12:47.280 '8127705': login on OANDA-GMT-5 Practice through OANDA-MT4 Practice

2015.08.02 16:12:16.738 Data Folder: C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\3212703ED955F10C7534BE8497B221F4

Thanks 

OK that looks good. Will have to wait till market open to see what the prob is. Please report back 

Cheers Stuart ;)

blusbruva:

Cheers Stuart ;)

No worries mate ;)

Hi Stuart, 

MT4 is now showing live feed on Onada demo. Must have been a pbck error...lol

I am just starting out & am not sure what indicators I shld be using on mt4 charts. 

I am looking to trade in binary options so wld appreciate any advice on strategies, chart indicators & how to install the free signals that advertised on mql5.

Which ones wld you recommend I start with.  

I am also wanting to trade short term eg 1min or 5min trades. 

TIA

blusbruva:

Hi Stuart, 

MT4 is now showing live feed on Onada demo. Must have been a pbck error...lol

I am just starting out & am not sure what indicators I shld be using on mt4 charts. 

I am looking to trade in binary options so wld appreciate any advice on strategies, chart indicators & how to install the free signals that advertised on mql5.

Which ones wld you recommend I start with.  

I am also wanting to trade short term eg 1min or 5min trades. 

TIA

Hey mate

Glad to hear you got it working!

I personally don't trade binary options so can't really give you any meaningful advise on that sorry. Regarding the signals, probably best to read up on the following to forum topics:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/10773

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/8941

Cheers

Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service
Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service
  • www.mql5.com
Can I copy trades from MetaTrader 4 to MetaTrader 5 or vice versa? - - Category: trading systems