Ideally I would like to have the following workflow

1. Edit EA in MetaEditor

2. Compile

3. Run in Strategy Tester

4. Stop test if I see something I need to change

5. Edit EA in MetaEditor

6. Compile

7. Run Strategty Tester again

However what I have found is that unless I close the Strategy Tester after compilation, the indicators will be removed on the next run. Is this expected behavior or am I doing something wrong?

Alex:

Howdy Traders,

Ideally I would like to have the following workflow

1. Edit EA in MetaEditor

2. Compile

3. Run in Strategy Tester

4. Stop test if I see something I need to change

5. Edit EA in MetaEditor

6. Compile

7. Run Strategty Tester again

However what I have found is that unless I close the Strategy Tester after compilation, the indicators will be removed on the next run. Is this expected behavior or am I doing something wrong?

Sorry, are you saying that in addition to testing the EA, you also have certain indicators running on your chart that you want to see on every test? If so, have you loaded the indicators to a chart and saved it as a template (tester.tpl)?

Stuart Browne:
Sorry, are you saying that in addition to testing the EA, you also have certain indicators running on your chart that you want to see on every test? If so, have you loaded the indicators to a chart and saved it as a template (tester.tpl)?

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the quick response. 

I'm using the iAlligator indicator in my EA and I would like to see it on the chart when I run the interactive test. The following shows the indicator on first and subsequents runs until I re-compile.

int OnInit() {

alligator = iAlligator(Symbol(), Period(), 13, 8, 8, 5, 5, 3, MODE_SMMA, PRICE_MEDIAN);

if (alligator < 0) {

Alert("Error Creating Handles for indicators - error: ", GetLastError(), "!!");

}

return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);

}

How do I remove all indicators used in the strategy tester after it has finished it's optimization process?

PCWalker:
How do I remove all indicators used in the strategy tester after it has finished it's optimization process?
Just add 10 or more other indicators to disguise the real strategy used.

Marco vd Heijden:
Just add 10 or more other indicators to disguise the real strategy used.

Thank you for your answer, but that is not efficient. 

PCWalker:

Thank you for your answer, but that is not efficient. 

It does the job at least if you try to hide your strategy used.

In MT4 use HideTestIndicators functions. In MT5 use one of workarounds.