Basic Economics in Customer relationship - page 2

Alain Verleyen:

No offense, but I doubt this kind of sarcastic post deserve your purpose. At least it's not a proof that you are a reference in customer relationship.

Your suggestion should be sent to ServiceDesk of Metaquotes.

Dear Alain, may Ask why do you feel that I was sarcastic in the post?

PCWalker:

Dear Alain, I hope I will succeed to give you an explanation that will be convincing.

Let me first be clear about something that has been proven in Chaos theory. It is already a fact that we live in a universe that everything is connected to everything, there is no such thing as real separation. And connected to everything proportionately. Even if you take two very different subjects like Mathematics and Poetry or Literature. It is not very hard to find connections. As you can take mathematical rules of induction taking place in the brain and you deduct the common proportionate rules which maintain the interconnected system of conditions, like grammatical laws and the logic of combinatorial like in the example of the following figure. 

Next, would be the two subjects, Economics and Sociology, as the term of customer service is related to Sociology, and Economics is related to the rules that govern the profit from the subsections which we call Market on MQL4.com (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_sociology)

If you take the three groups of people related to the Market, the Developers, the Customers and the Owners. All of them are influenced by the invisible hand of economical laws. Like the basic principle of supply and demand. Now Let me try to give you the first impression how the principle finds it's influence on the three groups.

1. Developers want to make money, they need to supply products that will maintain the structure of satisfied Customers.

2. Customers want to enjoy good products that they may return to the Developers in order to maintain the Satisfaction of happy and well paid Developers.

3. The Owners (MetaQuotes) want to maintain the two groups of Customers and Developers, healthy and well feed, so they main continue profiting from the commissions of both parties.

As I have stated above the principle of supply and demand influences the Economics of happiness and profits in all the above three groups of individuals.

Let me give you an example :

If group 1, want to keep on profiting from group 2, the quality of products will influence the short term period of gains and losses, and the long term period of gains and losses.

If the products will maintain their proportionate success in the short term then it will influence the success in the long term. If the products don't maintain their success in the short term, then the loss of customers and profits will influence propostantly the other two parties, the Owners and the Developers. The Developers then will try to increase the quality of the products in order to maintain propostantly the profits from the customers who are trying to maintain the dream of successful products as the group of owners will need to collaborate new ideas to maintain the satisfaction of both groups the developers and the customers. One such idea was introduced, is Rental option. As it was very hard for customers to maintain their happiness with the large losses from expansive products that do not make any profits (propostantly). The Rental option is an economic idea for the test of short term success or failure. Now the idea of Refund, will influence economically on the developers to maintain their honesty and develop products that will prove their success in the long term. So that if any such product doesn't prove to be successful in the short term, then the refund protects customers from the idea of fraud in the economics of the short term and long term, which ultimately influences the economics of the Owners. As we both can finalize this discussion, for the factors of economical laws on Customer service and Success of any Hypothetical products.

While school is a good place to learn how things might possibly happen, and in some cases, should happen, the real world isn't so cut and dried as far as how things actually happen, especially regarding economics.  As you said, everything is connected, however, the problem arises when those connections are not as you wish them to be, but how they actually are connected.  For example, all countries are connected in the way that they are all on the same globe, we are all connected in the fact that we are all human beings, more specifically, all of us here are all using MQL5.  But those actual connections have little bearing on how the inter-country relations happen, or how some people deal with other people.  Would it be nice to live in a perfect world where everybody got along, and everybody automatically knew everything they needed to know to trade properly and developers would only have to program for people who knew exactly what they wanted?  Absolutely.  Do we live in that world?  No way.

1.  Developers should not be expected to work for nothing because their pay is blocked or taken away by unwarranted returns.  Net result, developers are not making money because they are losing money, which results in less incentive to develop programs, which results in less choices out there for everybody, which ends up hurting the market, which negatively affects everybody, including your Customers.

2.  Customers that want to return a product because they mistakenly think the product is defective still hurt the market in the ways I pointed out above.  As I said before, if there is something legitimately wrong with the product, then that should be taken care of.

3.  MQ only makes profits off of the money collected ultimately by the developer or signal provider, and if the developers stop creating programs because they keep making less because of customers buying the product and do not know properly how to trade, the developer's income drops, they are less inclined to make the products, less choices for the customers, less stuff sold, less income from commissions to MQ, and so on.

If the products don't maintain their success in the short term because the people using them do not know how to trade, and expect an undeserved refund, my point above about the developer being the one forced to foot the bill still applies.  And as above, it is still through no fault of their own.  If the market takes a massive swing, through no fault of the developer, and their well designed EA cannot handle it because no one could plan for every possible event, and people want a refund, the developer is the one forced to eat the cost, and basically have their hard work given away for nothing.

I do not think that if you had a job, you would expect the boss to dock your pay just because customers wanted a refund, so you had to work for free to pay for the refund given to the customers, even more so if it was not because of something you did.  To use your example of supply and demand, if you put a strangle-hold on the supply, then the demand has 2 choices, only work with what is there, or go someplace else that DOES have the required supply.

JD4:

1.  Developers should not be expected to work for nothing because their pay is blocked or taken away by unwarranted returns.  Net result, developers are not making money because they are losing money, which results in less incentive to develop programs, which results in less choices out there for everybody, which ends up hurting the market, which negatively affects everybody, including your Customers.

2.  Customers that want to return a product because they mistakenly think the product is defective still hurt the market in the ways I pointed out above.  As I said before, if there is something legitimately wrong with the product, then that should be taken care of.

3.  MQ only makes profits off of the money collected ultimately by the developer or signal provider, and if the developers stop creating programs because they keep making less because of customers buying the product and do not know properly how to trade, the developer's income drops, they are less inclined to make the products, less choices for the customers, less stuff sold, less income from commissions to MQ, and so on.

If the products don't maintain their success in the short term because the people using them do not know how to trade, and expect an undeserved refund, my point above about the developer being the one forced to foot the bill still applies.  And as above, it is still through no fault of their own.  If the market takes a massive swing, through no fault of the developer, and their well designed EA cannot handle it because no one could plan for every possible event, and people want a refund, the developer is the one forced to eat the cost, and basically have their hard work given away for nothing.

I do not think that if you had a job, you would expect the boss to dock your pay just because customers wanted a refund, so you had to work for free to pay for the refund given to the customers, even more so if it was not because of something you did.  To use your example of supply and demand, if you put a strangle-hold on the supply, then the demand has 2 choices, only work with what is there, or go someplace else that DOES have the required supply.

>While school is a good place to learn how things might possibly happen, and in some cases, should happen, the real world isn't so cut and dried as far as how things actually happen, especially regarding economics.

Did I say the world is perfect? Dear Friend, your need to find ways to twist and turn the topic, makes it harder for the customer to acknowledge your wisdom.

Let me explain to you in a very simple manner. Products that work well, do not need to be optimized and are not complex to enable the simple user to install, turn on and forget. That is the whole point of an EA. the whole point of optimization is a imaginary process, that will never work with standard linear programmed Expert Advisors. On the other hand nonlinear programmed Expert Advisors, do not need optimization. And if they fail, it would be only the logical bug of the developer.

And there is a statistical reason why linear programmed expert advisors are bound to fail, which is the biggest reason that all this hypothetical products are only a scam and a hype to enable the uneducated programmer or user try to make money.

PCWalker:

>While school is a good place to learn how things might possibly happen, and in some cases, should happen, the real world isn't so cut and dried as far as how things actually happen, especially regarding economics.

Did I say the world is perfect? Dear Friend, your need to find ways to twist and turn the topic, makes it harder for the customer to acknowledge your wisdom.

Let me explain to you in a very simple manner. Products that work well, do not need to be optimized and are not complex to enable the simple user to install, turn on and forget. That is the whole point of an EA. the whole point of optimization is a imaginary process, that will never work with standard linear programmed Expert Advisors. On the other hard nonlinear programmed Expert Advisors, do not need optimization. And if they fail, it would be only the logical bug of the developer.

And there is a statistical reason why linear programmed expert advisors are bound to fail, which is the biggest reason that all this hypothetical products are only a scam and a hype to enable the uneducated programmer or user try to make money.

I am not trying to twist and turn anything, I am just trying to lay out facts of how things really work.  I never said you said the world was perfect, I asked would it be nice to live there.

The problem with your "does not need to be optimized" type of EA is that it does not exist, because the conditions of the market are constantly changing.  For a developer to make any money at all on something that did that, then they would have to charge thousands of dollars because of the effort to code for every possible condition or situation.  The trading market is not like other markets in that respect, where you could design a car or a DVD player that works well for it's specific type of usage.  You can design the equivalent in EAs and other trading programs, but the problem is, is that people will not only want to use the EA strictly for what it was designed to do, because that is not the only condition the market will always have.  This comes about because of, once again, the customer not knowing what that specific EA is designed for, and using it under market conditions it was not designed for, and thinking it does not work, asking for an undeserved refund due to THEIR lack of knowledge.

If you want a program that is "not complex to enable the very simple user to install, turn on and forget," they have tons of those out there already, and they are constantly doing the job they were told to do.  The problem is those types of programs were not designed to work (and cannot be and match the requirements you are stating) under all market conditions.  The problem is that people like you apparently think that if the program designed with your stated requirements makes trades that end up draining your account, that it must be the program's fault, and by extension the developer.  EAs need to be optimized to work with different market conditions.

To put it in a boolean style equation for you;  Market conditions change == reasonably priced EAs do not work on all market conditions.

If you are willing to have an EA that is coded to make every single decision for you and anticipate every single possible market condition, and want to pay the developer a fair price (lots of money) for taking the time and effort to develop that particular EA, then I wish you well, but I highly doubt that you would be here, because if you could afford that type of a program, then you would not be here talking about this perceived issue of saving the customer's money.  I do not mean this as disrespectful, I mean this as a reality check.

I applaud the mind set of trying to save the customer's money, I really do, but the reality of how life works is far different than we would like sometimes.  You cannot always save the customer's money if they make a purchase because of lack of knowledge and expect the developers to foot the bill.  It is just not fair.

JD4:

I am not trying to twist and turn anything, I am just trying to lay out facts of how things really work.  I never said you said the world was perfect, I asked would it be nice to live there.

The problem with your "does not need to be optimized" type of EA is that it does not exist, because the conditions of the market are constantly changing.  For a developer to make any money at all on something that did that, then they would have to charge thousands of dollars because of the effort to code for every possible condition or situation.  The trading market is not like other markets in that respect, where you could design a car or a DVD player that works well for it's specific type of usage.  You can design the equivalent in EAs and other trading programs, but the problem is, is that people will not only want to use the EA strictly for what it was designed to do, because that is not the only condition the market will always have.  This comes about because of, once again, the customer not knowing what that specific EA is designed for, and using it under market conditions it was not designed for, and thinking it does not work, asking for an undeserved refund due to THEIR lack of knowledge.

If you want a program that is "not complex to enable the very simple user to install, turn on and forget," they have tons of those out there already, and they are constantly doing the job they were told to do.  The problem is those types of programs were not designed to work (and cannot be and match the requirements you are stating) under all market conditions.  The problem is that people like you apparently think that if the program designed with your stated requirements makes trades that end up draining your account, that it must be the program's fault, and by extension the developer.  EAs need to be optimized to work with different market conditions.

To put it in a boolean style equation for you;  Market conditions change == reasonably priced EAs do not work on all market conditions.

If you are willing to have an EA that is coded to make every single decision for you and anticipate every single possible market condition, and want to pay the developer a fair price (lots of money) for taking the time and effort to develop that particular EA, then I wish you well, but I highly doubt that you would be here, because if you could afford that type of a program, then you would not be here talking about this perceived issue of saving the customer's money.  I do not mean this as disrespectful, I mean this as a reality check.

I applaud the mind set of trying to save the customer's money, I really do, but the reality of how life works is far different than we would like sometimes.  You cannot always save the customer's money if they make a purchase because of lack of knowledge and expect the developers to foot the bill.  It is just not fair.

>The problem is that people like you apparently think that if the program designed with your stated requirements makes trades that end up draining your account, that it must be the >program's fault, and by extension the developer.  EAs need to be optimized to work with different market conditions. 

I mentioned Linear Programmed Expert Advisors, and Non-Linear Programmed Expert Advisors, Do you know what is the difference between them, can you give some examples?

>The problem with your "does not need to be optimized" type of EA is that it does not exist

First you state that EA that do not need to be optimized do not exist, and then you state : 

>If you are willing to have an EA that is coded to make every single decision for you and anticipate every single possible market condition, and want to pay the developer a fair price (lots of money) for taking the time and effort to develop that particular EA

I conclude that you are in self contradiction, you have to choose or there exists such expert advisors, or they do not exist. Anyway, from your quite superficial answers, I can also conclude that you have no formal knowledge of expert systems besides standard boolean style equations as you mentioned above. Which would also mean that you most likely program standard boolean expert advisors.

Now tell me, great programmer, How much mathematics or economics do you know from your self contradiction, I would suggest studying more about non Linear Neural Networks that way you can get a job as a Quant in some Hedge Fund and make some big bucks, that way you will not need to get paid by the pennies, from uneducated users like me... :-) hahahahaha

By the way, your knowledge of computer programming is very limited besides your self constrained logic, trying to conclude that if you have not found expert advisors on the Market here at MQL4.com, then there are no such expert advisors of which you really don't know how in the first place to program.

PCWalker:

I conclude that you are in self contradiction, you have to choose or there exists such expert advisors, or they do not exist.

So now you have become an expert on EA's as well...

And a master of corrupt economic finance, congrats ! , har har

Marco vd Heijden:

So now you have become an expert on EA's as well...

And a master of corrupt economic finance, congrats ! , har har

Answer the questions, instead of seeking who is an expert on what? and be honest to study some real mathematics, because projecting your self image on others, doesn't solve your contradiction.

look who's talking.

I already answered your questions buddy, maybe you forgot...

Marco vd Heijden:

look who's talking.

I already answered your questions buddy, maybe you forgot...

Yes, as expected, Self inflecting problem, when you have no answers to my questions, you can only disregard them, by fooling around with yourself... :-) hahahha

Guys, I know we're all passionate about our own points of view but please keep the thread on track and avoid insulting each other or the thread will quickly end up in the "z" file ;-)