Running multiple accounts

Hi guys,

This might be a silly question, but here it goes...

Can you run multiple accounts at once? i.e. I have a real accounts that runs an EA on multiple charts, now if I go and log into my demo account on the same terminal... does my EA still operate in the background or do I temporarily disable it from opening and closing positions by logging into the demo account?

Many thanks,

CupidAlaska:

Hi guys,

Can you run multiple accounts at once? i.e. I have a real accounts that runs an EA on multiple charts, now if I go and log into my demo account on the same terminal... does my EA still operate in the background or do I temporarily disable it from opening and closing positions by logging into the demo account?

Many thanks,

No your EA will not operate in the background. You have to run 1 terminal by account.

Alain Verleyen:
No your EA will not operate in the background. You have to run 1 terminal by account.

Ah, too bad!

Thanks for the swift response! 

CupidAlaska:

Hi guys,

Many thanks,

To my knowledge you can only run one account on the terminal at a time......switching accounts would disconnect the previous account activate all EA functions on to the new login. So to run two accounts simultaneously you'd need to run more than one terminal;  one terminal for each account. However, There are mql plugins that would allow you to run one account on one terminal and send trades to multiple account(s) eliminating the need to run multiple terminals which will at some point require additional computing power as the number of terminals scale up depending what rig you're running & what you're running on the terminals; that will determine how many terminals you can run at any one time.

CupidAlaska:

Hi guys,

Many thanks,

I wanted to achieve the same earlier,,, and I agree with Alain and Alfa,,, and I decided to go with Amazon AWS,,, and bought Hosting Service to run my mutiple terminal Accounts, each on a Seprate Host,,, which is very easy to manage with Amazon.

HappyMansWorld:
I wanted to achieve the same earlier,,, and I agree with Alain and Alfa,,, and I decided to go with Amazon AWS,,, and bought Hosting Service to run my mutiple terminal Accounts, each on a Seprate Host,,, which is very easy to manage with Amazon.
Depending on the capabilities of your host, you might even be able to run multiple MT terminals on a single host, and possibly save yourself some money.