time trading - page 2

Thanks man that is seriously important info !! i am going to try it right away got so many things to try that were not possible in MT4 i was always stuck to the ontick and could only test ontimer experts on live market feeds, and since i am a weekend coder i had to wait for market to open so many times.

One more question, do you happen to know the terminal that is most widely used? i was always under the impression then MT5 never really "made it" and that MT4 was the one and only die hard platform but that was years ago so things could be changed over time and i just want to make sure to write software for the right platform... i remember i had a very hard time accurately closing orders in MQL5 it was a different beast so to speak but i think it's time to give it another try.

Thanks again Alain

Marco vd Heijden:

Thanks man that is seriously important info !! i am going to try it right away got so many things to try that were not possible in MT4 i was always stuck to the ontick and could only test ontimer experts on live market feeds, and since i am a weekend coder i had to wait for market to open so many times.

One more question, do you happen to know the terminal that is most widely used? i was always under the impression then MT5 never really "made it" and that MT4 was the one and only die hard platform but that was years ago so things could be changed over time and i just want to make sure to write software for the right platform... i remember i had a very hard time accurately closing orders in MQL5 it was a different beast so to speak but i think it's time to give it another try.

Thanks again Alain

MT4 is still the most used platform (by far), but MT5 is more powerful, more efficient. If you want to trade other instruments than Forex, then MT5 is a must. However for Forex, there is still not much brokers available.

There is 2 big differences, the trading subsystem (only 1 position by instrument for MT5), and the impossibility to use your own data (not possible to import data with MT5).