EA Freezing Bug

Hi Guys,

I noticed people have been experiencing problems with EA's mysteriously stopping working even though charts are being updated with price action as normal.

The previous posters seemed to be running EA which had either long historical order histories or complex object creation on the charts. I've got an EA which doesn't do any graphical work at all and still freezes from time to time even with a very short order history.

Has anyone got to the bottom of what causes EA's to go into this "dormant" mode whilst everything else is working quite happily??

Could it be a memory leak issue?

I look forward to reading some collective wisdom.

Cheers

Well I have spent about one year on this but MT will not look into it.

The problem is caused by IndicatorCounted(); returning 0 and if you are relying on Init(); or other features like GlobalVariableGet(); GlobalVariableSet(); during restart then the restart will crash by freezing. Sometimes it is looping in restart mode because IndicatorCounted(); keep returning 0. I believe that it has to do with incoming tick because on the weekend the problem is not there.

IT IS DEFINITELY A BUG!.... because there is no reason why should IndicatorCounted(); returning 0 every 30 minutes or so!

see http://www.metatrader4.com/forum/12039