Need help / SIGNIFICANCE Signal's Modules.

Hey, i'm trader and new to this type of trading with EA's, MQL's, etc, 

Hope someone could help me, 

WHERE CAN I FIND THE SIGNIFICANCE OF SIGNALS MODULES (STD LIBRARY), Ex. Moving Average, Fractal MA, Envelopes, etc.

Make an EA's without it is really slow.

Thanks a lot for your time.

V1N1C1O 

V1N1C1O:

WHERE CAN I FIND THE SIGNIFICANCE OF SIGNALS MODULES (STD LIBRARY), Ex. Moving Average, Fractal MA, Envelopes, etc.

V1N1C1O 

What do you mean by significance?

investeo:

What do you mean by significance?

Hi Investeo, each "module of trade signal" has a "value" but i can't find where is this info.

REFERENCE: 

MQL5 Manual's page 2802, "The Mechanism of Making Trade Decisions on the Basis of Signal Modules"......."-Each market model has a significance that may vary with the range of 1 to 100. The higher is the

--->significance<---, the stronger the model is."

page 2803, example:

Variant 1.

The price crossed the rising MA upwards. This case corresponds to one of the market models

implemented in the MA module. This model implies a rise of price. Its significance is equal to 100. At

the same time, the Stochastic oscillator turned down and formed a divergence with price. This case

corresponds to one of the models implemented in the Stochastic module. This model implies a fall of

price. The weight of this model is 80. 

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR TIME

:)

Stochastic Oscillator
  • votes: 8
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp. | English Russian Chinese Spanish Portuguese
  • www.mql5.com
The Stochastic Oscillator compares where a security’s price closed relative to its price range over a given time period.

V1N1C1O:

V1N1C1O 

Right Here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/standardlibrary/expertclasses

Click on the different trading signal classes for signal type and description of conditions. 

Weight of signals of the module are in the interval 0 to 1. 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Library / Trading Strategy Classes
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Library / Trading Strategy Classes - Documentation on MQL5

oneillj:

Right Here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/standardlibrary/expertclasses

Click on the different trading signal classes for signal type and description of conditions. 

Weight of signals of the module are in the interval 0 to 1. 

Thanks a lot oneillj, but as far as i understand, the weight and the significance of modules are two differents variables, ALTHOUGH, It's not very clear the text about this.

Check first bolds, weight is between 0 and 1

2nd, bolds, then explains the significance (MA module) which is 100. 

3rd bolds, refers 80 value of the stochastic model, (called weight, i assume as editor's error)

FINALLY:

The voting process multiply the WEIGHT and the SIGNIFICANCE = rate or value to open or close the position.

MANUAL'S PAGE 2803

Examples
Consider an Expert Advisor with the following threshold levels: ThresholdOpen=20 and
ThresholdClose=90. Two modules of signals participate in making decisions on trade operations: the
MA module with weight 0.4 and the Stochastic module with weight 0.8. Let's analyze two variants of

obtained trade signals:

Variant 1.
The price crossed the rising MA upwards. This case corresponds to one of the market models
implemented in the MA module. This model implies a rise of price. Its significance is equal to 100. At
the same time, the Stochastic oscillator turned down and formed a divergence with price. This case
corresponds to one of the models implemented in the Stochastic module. This model implies a fall of

Let's calculate the result of final "voting". The rate obtained from the MA module is calculated as 0.4 *

100 = 40. The value from the Stochastic module is calculated as 0.8 * (-80) = -64. The final value value
is calculated as the arithmetical mean of these two rates: (40 - 64)/2 = -12. The result of voting is the
signal for selling with relative strength equal to 12. The threshold level that is equal to 20 is not
reached. Thus a trade operation is not performed.

V1N1C1O:

Thanks a lot oneillj, but as far as i understand, the weight and the significance of modules are two differents variables, ALTHOUGH, It's not very clear the text about this.

Check first bolds, weight is between 0 and 1

2nd, bolds, then explains the significance (MA module) which is 100. 

3rd bolds, refers 80 value of the stochastic model, (called weight, i assume as editor's error)

FINALLY:

The voting process multiply the WEIGHT and the SIGNIFICANCE = rate or value to open or close the position.

MANUAL'S PAGE 2803

Examples
Consider an Expert Advisor with the following threshold levels: ThresholdOpen=20 and
ThresholdClose=90. Two modules of signals participate in making decisions on trade operations: the
MA module with weight 0.4 and the Stochastic module with weight 0.8. Let's analyze two variants of

obtained trade signals:

Variant 1.

Let's calculate the result of final "voting". The rate obtained from the MA module is calculated as 0.4 *

100 = 40. The value from the Stochastic module is calculated as 0.8 * (-80) = -64. The final value value
is calculated as the arithmetical mean of these two rates: (40 - 64)/2 = -12. The result of voting is the
signal for selling with relative strength equal to 12. The threshold level that is equal to 20 is not
reached. Thus a trade operation is not performed.
Anyone says MEEE¡¡¡?? :)