Pivot Point Moving Average

Hello all!

Is it possible to get a moving average indicator of the daily pivot points with a variable period? For example, it would be plotted as a line representing the average of the previous x number of daily pivot points. For instance. The last 3 days daily pivot points (as calculated at 1700 EST) are 1.3536, 1.3558, 1.3586. So the moving average line would be at 1.3560 for today. I would prefer to have a MA of the pivot point.

Would be really grateful if someone could kindly assist me on this. Thank you very much in advanced!

Raheem

I tried searching the forums for this but unfortunately couldn't find anything relating to this. I found "Thomas DeMark Pivot Lines" but it only shows the pivot points, not the moving average of the pivot points. I only want moving average of the pivot points. Thanks once again!

"Is it possible to get a moving average indicator of the daily pivot points with a variable period?"

No code is required for simple case.

Pivot = (H+L+C)/3

Add a Moving Average to your daily chart, using "Typical Price"

This does not create Pivot as of 5pm EST, however, unless your charts are GMT -2, which is unlikely.

"Is it possible to get a moving average indicator of the daily pivot points with a variable period using 5pm EST for the pivot calculation?"

Yes, it is possible to do it just like you want, maybe you would like to code it. It gets sticky trying to handle weekends, and the issue of whether or not the underlying chart has 5pm on Friday or Sunday available.