Correcting Historical Data

Hi all

How can I correct historical data in MT5, for example, when I get a bad tick come down the line?

In MT4 there used to be an option under the 'Tools' menu that would take you to the History Centre.  But there doesn't seem to be that option in '5'.

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Paul Eamonn 

Market Analyzer ADX on Bars
  • 10.00 USD
  • Jinsong Zhang
  • www.mql5.com
This script help user get the values of Average Directional Movement Index (ADX) indicator and OHLC on each bar on current chart. The data are saved as .CSV file so you can perform quantitative analysis with ADX. Please input...

Hi Song_song - Thank you for taking the trouble to reply.

I have had a look at the link you provided but I am not sure whether it will do what I need.  While I can see that it will give me a .csv file showing all the data, I want to be able to correct or delete incorrect bits of data rather than just view it.  I'm not sure this is possible in the script you have indicated.

In MT4 it was so easy to change or delete data when there was a bad tick.

Any comments you can make will be very gratefully received. 

Regards

Paul Eamonn 

I also want to know this question's answer.It seems now you cannot modify history data by any way !

pauleamonn , just delete the .hcc file then it will load datas again. It isn't a good idea to change data by yourself.

song_song:
pauleamonn , just delete the .hcc file then it will load datas again. It isn't a good idea to change data by yourself.
Thanks again song_song.  That method seems a bit 'hit-n-miss' to me.  What happens if the bad tick is still on the broker's server.  Won't it just get replaced?

pauleamonn:
Thanks again song_song.  That method seems a bit 'hit-n-miss' to me.  What happens if the bad tick is still on the broker's server.  Won't it just get replaced?
If the bad datas is from broker, ask they for corrected datas.