ChartApplyTemplate under debug mode.

The first two lines of my program are:

DebugBreak();
bool retval=ChartApplyTemplate(0,"Jerry36.tpl");

I note that it looks for the templates in the MQL5\Files folder, and yet the main charting window expects them in Profiles\Templates. Why do they have to exist in two different places?

When I run the above program, it stops on the first debug line but when I proess F11 to move one line on, debugging ceases as though the program has ran on to the end. My template just has a colour scheme with a couple of indicators. There is no EA applied to it. Any idea what's happening?

-Jerry

netconuk posted  :

The first two lines of my program are:

DebugBreak();
bool retval=ChartApplyTemplate(0,"Jerry36.tpl");

I note that it looks for the templates in the MQL5\Files folder, and yet the main charting window expects them in Profiles\Templates. Why do they have to exist in two different places?

When I run the above program, it stops on the first debug line but when I proess F11 to move one line on, debugging ceases as though the program has ran on to the end. My template just has a colour scheme with a couple of indicators. There is no EA applied to it. Any idea what's happening?

-Jerry

Is this fixed yet (if its a bug)? If not, what am I doing wrong?

-Jerry

ChartApplyTemplate

Note

The Expert Advisor will be unloaded and won't be able to continue operating in case of successful loading of a new template to the chart it is attached to.

In this Note an Expert Advisor means a script too.

Rosh:
In this Note an Expert Advisor means a script too.

Did you solve this issue?

I can create the Templet file inside the Expert in simple command like changeing the Background ...

but i can't  find any solution for adding  new sub windows in expert adviser mode under debug.

BR

Chatnis 

Hi,

This issue solved already? 

i am trying to find a solution for useing sub windows  when running debug mode expert adviser  

BR

chatnis.