Discussing the article: "Developing a Replay System (Part 44): Chart Trader Project (III)"

Check out the new article: Developing a Replay System (Part 44): Chart Trader Project (III).

In the previous article I explained how you can manipulate template data for use in OBJ_CHART. In that article, I only outlined the topic without going into details, since in that version the work was done in a very simplified way. This was done to make it easier to explain the content, because despite the apparent simplicity of many things, some of them were not so obvious, and without understanding the simplest and most basic part, you would not be able to truly understand the entire picture.

In the previous article Developing a Replay System (Part 43): Chart Trader Project (II), I explained how you can manipulate template data to use it in OBJ_CHART. In that article, I only outlined the topic without going into details, since in that version the work was done in a very simplified way. This was done to make it easier to explain the content, because despite the apparent simplicity of many things, some of them were not so obvious, and without understanding the simplest and most basic part, you would not be able to truly understand the entire picture.

So, even though this code works (as we've already seen), it still doesn't allow us to do some things. In other words, performing certain tasks will be much more difficult unless some improvement is made in data modeling. The improvement mentioned involves a bit more complex coding, but the concept used will be the same. It's just that the code will be a little more complicated.

Besides this small fact, we will solve one more issue. If you noticed, and I also mentioned this in the article, this code is not very efficient as it contains, in my opinion, too many calls to set things up. To solve this problem, we will make some small changes to the code that will dramatically reduce the number of calls while simultaneously allowing for more adequate data modeling.

Demo video

Author: Daniel Jose