Parallels 19, Apple M2, and MT5 Issues….

MT5 was running great on Parallels 19 VM (Windows 11; Mac M2 chip). I hit check for latest version and am now hit with the following error when trying to log into MQL VPS:

• opencl.dll successfully loaded. Cannot get OpenCl platforms (-1001, 'unknown error'), please install OpenCL drivers, OpenCL devices not found, please install OpenCL drivers

I also cannot load my EA now; MT5 just shuts off. 

Current log notes state the opencl error and indicate current MT5 build of 4468.

Past log notes indicate MT5 build 4410. 

**note** When logging into MT5 on MacBook Air M3 (not VM) I received no such OpenCL error. I could log into my VPS My EA, however, only works on Windows (hence my use of Parallels). 

So what do you all think…is it a Parallels issue, MT5 build issue, Apple issue, or all of the freaking above? 

Any solutions?

Thank you.

How to Install and Use OpenCL for Calculations
How to Install and Use OpenCL for Calculations
  • www.mql5.com
It has been over a year since MQL5 started providing native support for OpenCL. However not many users have seen the true value of using parallel computing in their Expert Advisors, indicators or scripts. This article serves to help you install and set up OpenCL on your computer so that you can try to use this technology in the MetaTrader 5 trading terminal.