The next step in MQL Evolution ?

Hello,

I'd like to know about your experience and thoughts concerning the ATC 2011 rule that allows the EA not to take more than 15 Minutes running from beginning of the year till now.

The reason why I'm asking is that i decided to send my EA to compete in the ATC 2011 and now it's not accepted because it took more than 20 Minutes for the test-run.

Thing is: The EA is not using any sophisticated algos. It is most simple build, nonetheless profitable.

Even more: It does most of the caculations only on the opening of a new bar etc...

Now the QUESTION is:

How simple does an EA has to be, to be allowed to compete in the ATC?

And doesn't the required simplicity makes it IMPOSSIBLE to take part in the ATC with at least a system that does a little more than just buy if two MAs are crossing and lucky-guessing?

What are YOUR THOUGHTS on that?

Well, I'm a little frustrated and decided not to take part, because under these circumstances theres no point in it.

P.S.: As someone using MT4 and having become quite a skilled developer in MQL4 for quite a while, I must admit that MT5 (not just for beeing EXCESSIVELY slow) is far from beeing worth called something like: "the next step in MQL-Evolution". 

Saying that "MQL5 is excessively slow" is a RIDICULOUS comment!!! I did some benchmark and there is no significant difference in performance opposed to other languages like C++ or Java. I do not want to be rude, but I have to say that probably your code is not well written. I have sent in my EA and it was tested in 42 secs, a much shorter time that it takes to test on my computer!

If you are not thinking of your EA as the next holy-grail and a top-secret thing, I would take a look on it and help you. Or if you post some parts of it here, I can optimize that parts, then you should rework the full code on your own. 

When you realize the OOP capabilities of MQL5 you will agree that it makes a huge difference to MQL4. Altough I am far from mastering it, but I already see why it is so powerful.

Golomolo:
Now the QUESTION is:

How simple does an EA has to be, to be allowed to compete in the ATC?

And doesn't the required simplicity makes it IMPOSSIBLE to take part in the ATC with at least a system that does a little more than just buy if two MAs are crossing and lucky-guessing?

What are YOUR THOUGHTS on that?

If the EA does not do a very complex computation, probably there's something missing. Probably you forgot to to upload include or data files or upload wrong files, or misplaced datafiles?

Hello fireflies & balazs,

thanks for your help. i found the problem. it is that the zigzag i am using did take to long time to be caculated because it is caculated a whole at every time. in mt4 this was not so much of a problem. i fixed that now.

@ balazs - you were not beeing rude since my post was ment to provoce.