Having to switch accounts to start EA?

I have a remote desktop setup to host some of my accounts that are using a EA. But i think there is some lagging going on, im not sure. For some reason i have to manually switch the trading accounts, and then they start opening trades from the EA. Its no longer opening trades by itself for some reason. Im using a VPS from contabo, the spec are 4 vCPU Cores with 6 GB RAM. Do i need to upgrade? 

Kwebber321:
I have a remote desktop setup to host some of my accounts that are using a EA. But i think there is some lagging going on, im not sure. For some reason i have to manually switch the trading accounts, and then they start opening trades from the EA. It’s no longer opening trades by itself for some reason. Im using a VPS from contabo, the spec are 4 vCPU Cores with 6 GB RAM. Do i need to upgrade? 
One mt terminal can only work with one account at a time.  

Paul Anscombe #:
One mt terminal can only work with one account at a time.  

Are you sure? I have mt5 installed on my main pc with multiple accounts and have no issues.

Kwebber321 #:

Are you sure? I have mt5 installed on my main pc with multiple accounts and have no issues.

Then you must have multiple mt5 terminals installed on your pc 

Paul Anscombe #:
Then you must have multiple mt5 terminals installed 

I do. I have multiple settings for each account size so i had to split the installs to have a separate set of accounts on 1 install and another set on another install.

I never seen a similar behavior. If an EA is still attached on chart and autotrading is still active (both globally and locally for that EA), it should continue to take trades. Only limitations can be into the EA logic itself that block trades for some reasons.

Anyway, as already said, on a metatrader platform there is only 1 accounts logged it at a time. Your EA on charts will work only on the logged in account only.

Kwebber321 #:

I do. I have multiple settings for each account size so i had to split the installs to have a separate set of accounts on 1 install and another set on another install.

So if you want to run multiple accounts at same time on a vps you need to use one that allows you to install multiple mt terminals like on your pc