Can't drag EA into chart after MT4 update

My account went offline because of "old version". I installed the newest Mt4 update (built1420), but now it is no longer possible to drag the EA into the chart. What can I do?

Henrik Manthey:
My account went offline because of "old version". I installed the newest Mt4 update (built1420), but now it is no longer possible to drag the EA into the chart. What can I do?

Recompile your EA and restart MT4.

Oleksandr Medviediev #:

Recompile your EA and restart MT4.

Mhm.... beginner... I bought the EA a long time ago. How can I "recompile"? Never did that...

Henrik Manthey # I bought the EA a long time ago. How can I "recompile"? Never did that...

If you don't have the source code, contact your seller for a new version.

Henrik Manthey #:
Mhm.... beginner... I bought the EA a long time ago. How can I "recompile"? Never did that...

If you have the mq4 file, double click on it to open it in the MetaEditor and then click the 'Compile' button at the top menu to compile your mq4 file to ex4.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

If you have the mq4 file, double click on it to open it in the MetaEditor and then click the 'Compile' button at the top menu to compile your mq4 file to ex4.

Thank you, but I just have the ". ex4"-file....

I also have ex4 and have the same issue

There must be a simple way to update my old version mt4 ---lots of ea and other stuff on it..Mt made by clever people right ?

(and just when i have a few open positions on btc) O ooo ooow

Henrik Manthey #:  Thank you, but I just have the “. ex4”-file....
Cinmay #: I also have ex4 and have the same issue

what part of “If you don't have the source code, contact your seller for a new version,” was unclear to you two?