Experts: Moving Average Crossover with and without Martingale functionality: The power of Martingale

Moving Average Crossover with and without Martingale functionality: The power of Martingale:

Moving averages are useless. In fact, some argue that the best way to lose money for a beginner are MA-Price crossover strategies. But is it possible to make it work?

Moving Average Crossover with and without Martingale functionality: The power of Martingale

Author: Peter Mueller

Martingale is not a strategy. It's a betting system.

Hedging, grid trading, same as Martingale.
          Martingale, Hedging and Grid : MHG - General - MQL5 programming forum (2016)

Martingale, guaranteed to blow your account eventually. If your strategy is not profitable without, it is definitely not profitable with.
          Martingale vs. Non Martingale (Simplified RoR vs Profit and the Illusions) - MQL5 programming forum (2015)

Why it won't work:
          Calculate Loss from Lot Pips - MQL5 programming forum (2017)
          THIS Trading Strategy is a LIE... I took 100,000 TRADES with the Martingale Strategy - YouTube (2020)

William Roeder #:

Martingale is not a strategy. It's a betting system.

Hedging, grid trading, same as Martingale.
          Martingale, Hedging and Grid : MHG - General - MQL5 programming forum (2016)

Martingale, guaranteed to blow your account eventually. If your strategy is not profitable without, it is definitely not profitable with.
          Martingale vs. Non Martingale (Simplified RoR vs Profit and the Illusions) - MQL5 programming forum (2015)

Why it won't work:
          Calculate Loss from Lot Pips - MQL5 programming forum (2017)
          THIS Trading Strategy is a LIE... I took 100,000 TRADES with the Martingale Strategy - YouTube (2020)

I completely agree with you and I don't recommend using these EA-s on live accounts. It is for demonstration purposes only. It is in fact guaranteed that Martingale will blow the account eventually, but it is an useful skill in my opinion, and if used properly one can become a profitable trader with it.

Hi Peter,

I don't understand the last two ifs in the RoundtoLots function:

if(SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol,SYMBOL_VOLUME_MIN) == 0.001)

ret = RoundDown(Val,3);

ret = RoundDown(Val,0);

Both if statements are identical. 

What is the meaning of this?

Thanks

totati #:

Hi Peter,

I don't understand the last two ifs in the RoundtoLots function:

ret = RoundDown(Val,3);

ret = RoundDown(Val,0);

Both if statements are identical. 

What is the meaning of this?

Thanks

You are right, the last if statement is not needed, I updated the mqh file. Thanks for noticing it

yeah

Don`t work with 0.02,..,0.1,... a work only 0.01 and then 1lot

U can't use these indexes MAArray[0] and  MAArray[1] without setting the MA buffer to series, you're making a mistake here, you will not get the MA data for the latest bar