MT5 Data Limitation?

Hi there, 

Can someone tell me if there is any limitation in MT5 which prevents creating a seconds chart with more than one day of historical data?

I hired a coder to create an EA for me which reads tick data and creates an offline chart which gets updated every tick, and you can create custom seconds charts like 30 seconds and 15 seconds.

In the EA settings I have a "start date" input where you put the date you want the seconds chart to start (so you have historical data to analyze).

I have tick data starting from january 2023, I configured the EA to start a seconds chart on june 2023 onwards. I can see the data being processed from that date, but when I open the custom seconds chart created I always have only a single day of historical data, it starts always from previous day midnight.

It does not matter the date I choose the seconds chart to start from, I always get only a single day of historical data.

The coder even tried another version where I choose how many bars I want of historical data, and I Get the same result.

So at the moment he does not know why this happens, and thinks it's a MT5 limitation.

Can someone here confirm this limitation? 
The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
What are the differences between the three modes of testing in MetaTrader 5, and what should be particularly looked for? How does the testing of an EA, trading simultaneously on multiple instruments, take place? When and how are the indicator values calculated during testing, and how are the events handled? How to synchronize the bars from different instruments during testing in an "open prices only" mode? This article aims to provide answers to these and many other questions.