Chart Hangs again and again

Hi,

When i'm using MetaTrader 5, when the timeframe is over the chart hangs, the timer doesn't show and the new candle doesn't form and even the current rate doesn't show.  Sometime I have to wait for a minute to see next candle.  I'm trading in shorter timeframe 1, 5 & 15 minute and if the next candle doesn't show then it is impossible to trade.  

I hope you give me proper solution for this.

Regards,

Farhan

You can't know when a candle closes. Only when a new tick arrives that starts a new bar is the old bar closed, and that tick could arrive almost at the end of a bar's duration.

There can be minutes between ticks during the Asian session, think M1 chart. Larger charts, think weekend, market holiday (country and broker specific), requires knowledge of when your broker stops and starts (not necessary the same as the market.)
          "Free-of-Holes" Charts - MQL4 Articles (2006)
          No candle if open = close ? - MQL4 programming forum (2010)

You are right we don't know where the candle closes.  I understand this very well.  Buy my question is, in one minute timeframe when time is over the candle closes and the next candle should appear immediately but if appears after a minute and during this one minute the rate which shows on the top left corner also freezes.  if I'm on a trade then I'm blank during this minute as I don't know where the market is going.  

I think there is a bug which needs to be fixed.  Few weeks back there was no problem like this but now its a big problem for me.

Thanks

Farhanhussainsiddiqui #: when time is over the candle closes and the next candle should appear immediately but
What part of “Only when a new tick arrives” was unclear? The next candle should NOT appear immediately.

William Roeder #:
What part of “Only when a new tick arrives” was unclear? The next candle should NOT appear immediately.

On mobile application the candle never stops forming, and the same were going on desktop application but for the last few weeks new candle start to appear after a minute, by that time it shows the whole candle in one second.  This process should not stop as the rate never stops, so the candle should keep moving.

If you go on any crypto exchange you will never see the candle formation stops, not even for a second, you can see the whole candle formation, its wick, it's body everything.  everything will from in front of you.  But here when the timeframe is over the next candle doesn't show, it shows after a minute and if you are trading in one minute timeframe you won't see the next candle formation, it will start to appear when 10 seconds or 3 seconds or zero remaining of the timeframe.

but I think you are not giving us significant information, so how can someone help aid the issue?  What market are you trading in? If there's no liquidity in the market, then you might see no candles moving, or being only 1 point in size. If you see the market moving on another device (let's say mobile), and it's not moving on your PC...then there might be a software issue...log files too large in size causing major processing lag?  MT5 active process writes to log files (for alert info and some other info). You should clear logs occasionally

William Roeder #:

The biggest MT5 flaw ?

Candles should from periodically, even when no new tick arrives.
It means when a candle opens/closes, it is clear predetermined.

New tick should indicate price changes only.
And yes, we do not know when new tick arrives, nobody knows when price changes.

No new tick, simply use current tick value for next candle.

New candle, but no new tick.

my 2 cents