Is it possible to make money out of MQL5 without knowing trading?

Hello, 

I'm someone who is currently studying Web Development, If you're familiar with web dev, I know HTML, CSS, and I'm currently learning Javascript. Last week or so, a friend told me to learn MQL5 with him to make some money.
I have no intention of quitting Development, bc I have some web apps in mind that I want to develop, but over the last month I've experienced some really difficult situations with family stuff and my personal life and I need to get

money relatively fast (faster than in web where it can take me 6 months or more to get a job). The thing is that I've seen courses on Udemy that teach you MQL5 and they state that no previous knowledge of anything else is needed, 

and so they don't required knowledge of trading. I'm expecting to make at least 3K monthly from this, do you think I'll be losing my time because I don't know trading or is the goal at least 50% reachable?

I'm doing this 'cause I need to get 20k as soon as possible, but guys, don't be mean, I'm talking about learning not stealing from anyone. I cannot dive into trading bc I know it will take very long time and in that case I'd better stick to 

web dev., but I need to start generating some income as fast as possible to get those 20k in the faster timeframe possible. I'm also contemplating Jewelry Print On Demand and Zapping for hiding data, but just feel like MQL5 will be more

straightforward although not easier.

Best regards and hope you can help :), 

Enrique.

mql5 requires knowledge of how markets operate with rates and ticks, and if you don't understand trading...then you won't be able to make anything of value to anybody unless you work with a professional trader. It also seriously takes about 6 - 8 months to become comfortable with this framework

MQL5 can be a powerful tool, but making $3K/month quickly without trading knowledge is very challenging (chances close to 0).

Learning the basics + developing profitable strategies takes considerable time (minimum 5-7 years, maybe 10+).

Plan balancing MQL5 with your web developments to ensure stable progress.

Best of luck!

Conor Mcnamara #:
mql5 requires knowledge of how markets operate with rates and ticks, and if you don't understand trading...then you won't be able to make anything of value to anybody unless you work with a professional trader. It also seriously takes about 6 - 8 months to become comfortable with this framework
Thanks for taking the time! :)

Oleksandr Medviediev #:

MQL5 can be a powerful tool, but making $3K/month quickly without trading knowledge is very challenging (chances close to 0).

Learning the basics + developing profitable strategies takes considerable time (minimum 5-7 years, maybe 10+).

Plan balancing MQL5 with your web developments to ensure stable progress.

Best of luck!

Thanks for taking the time! :)

I don't feel that's gonna work, I used to fall in a similar situation but give up.

No matter how I approach MT5, for trading or writing bot as freelancers, there's unlikely a fast hard money ahead for me, so I could only say no.

Only thing that I could share is, if you are studying JS, you probably need to know the presence of the event loop, how the async things get executed in queue. Async thing also occur in MT4/5 language and that's usually UI-related things in most languages. Yet, refer to the latest web framework nowadays, it just goes way beyond UI things, getting data asynchronously and update UI for example. And if you learnt and understand half a back-end framework / front-end framework, it would help you in job seeking journey.

You need to find how you are going to achieve $3k / month goal. You can work as seller, freelancer, signal provider or apply for a job in openings in mql5.

Seller - study the market and create profitable Expert advisor and you can achieve more than $3k in a month but it require you to have knowldege of trading. You can use AI, Machine learning, neural network or whatever mathematics formula you are comfortable with.

Freelancer - check the jobs and try to understand requirements of traders and if you are able to  complete those jobs there is very good opportunity there but these jobs may not be only specific to mql so knowledge of C, C++, DLL, Libraries, Python and Pinescript may be advantageous. It also requires to have knowledge about trading indicators and candlesticks or price action.

Signal - if you do R&D in trading and you got some skills which is making money then you can make money by publishing your signal. It also requires knowledge of trading.

Job - If you pass the interview in mql5 company you can earn much more than $3k so Good luck with your learning. There is less chances of being selected if you do not have knowledge of trading

Since mql5 is a program for trading, you must learn trading basics too before trying to make money. Without having knowldge of trading such as indicators candlesticks and others its very difficult to make money using mql5 so learn basics of trading and understand why people use MT5

Enrique Sneffels:

Hello, 

I'm someone who is currently studying Web Development, If you're familiar with web dev, I know HTML, CSS, and I'm currently learning Javascript. Last week or so, a friend told me to learn MQL5 with him to make some money.
I have no intention of quitting Development, bc I have some web apps in mind that I want to develop, but over the last month I've experienced some really difficult situations with family stuff and my personal life and I need to get

money relatively fast (faster than in web where it can take me 6 months or more to get a job). The thing is that I've seen courses on Udemy that teach you MQL5 and they state that no previous knowledge of anything else is needed, 

and so they don't required knowledge of trading. I'm expecting to make at least 3K monthly from this, do you think I'll be losing my time because I don't know trading or is the goal at least 50% reachable?

I'm doing this 'cause I need to get 20k as soon as possible, but guys, don't be mean, I'm talking about learning not stealing from anyone. I cannot dive into trading bc I know it will take very long time and in that case I'd better stick to 

web dev., but I need to start generating some income as fast as possible to get those 20k in the faster timeframe possible. I'm also contemplating Jewelry Print On Demand and Zapping for hiding data, but just feel like MQL5 will be more

straightforward although not easier.

Best regards and hope you can help :), 

Enrique.

If you have none or just little knowledge on the "business", which is trading, I believe you won't have success on this. You'd better have some experience on the "forex trading world" first because there are many aspects and concepts that must be natural for you, otherwise you will lose a large amount of time trying to understand all these.

Enrique Sneffels:
I know HTML, CSS, and I'm currently learning Javascript. Last week or so, a friend told me to learn MQL5 with him to make some money.

I believe there is a major difference with MQL. In MQL you need some kind of scientific knowledge also while you are not necessarily being paid that much.

Enrique Sneffels:
but over the last month I've experienced some really difficult situations

I believe the difficulties arising are found here too. Not too many years ago there were simpler jobs posted in freelance section but today there is less chance to get a job with less than average knowledge of "Meta-trader Platform complexities" or "Coding difficulties as more people get engaged in the business while AI generated codes are becoming stronger".

Enrique Sneffels:
money relatively fast (faster than in web where it can take me 6 months or more to get a job).

Truth is the only fast way you can earn money in here is either being a genius or being a scammer. Most of the time it is about scamming. Every platform has complexities. As far as I have been checking different coders' account in this platform most people cannot earn more than 1000USD per month even with years of experience and high standard communication and coding/trading skills.

Enrique Sneffels:
The thing is that I've seen courses on Udemy that teach you MQL5 and they state that no previous knowledge of anything else is needed, 

No previous knowledge needed to enter the business but to stay in here and make ends meet you need a lot more.

Considering your limited experience of developing front-end web applications I believe you won't achieve your goal on MQL5.com anytime soon.

Selling courses 🤣 just kidding