Hedging Strategy

Hello everyone,

I'm using an EA which is working based on hedging strategy. It put several pending orders at the same price, However after triggering prices are not the same.

Can anybody help me to solve the issue?

Files:
hedging.jpg  307 kb

triggering prices are not the same because of "slippage\requotes\server disconnect" - you will have to live with that (nothing can be done)

Stop and Limit Orders should be filled at the order price or better. My understanding is that there should not be negative slippage, only positive slippage, or not filled at all. 

" Yes, limit orders are only filled at the specified price or better. A buy limit order can only be executed at or below the limit price, while a sell limit order can only be executed at or above the limit price." SEC Reference: https://www.investor.gov/introduction-investing/investing-basics/how-stock-markets-work/types-orders

I see one stop order in your trades. Are you using only stop and limit orders? 

I am also working on a hedging EA and am interested in your observations. 

DHess10000 #: Stop and Limit Orders should be filled at the order price or better.

Wrong. A Stop order becomes a market order when hit; it can open at any price. While a limit should fill at or better, on some brokers, it too becomes a market order.

v.bahremand: I'm using an EA

There is no need to create pending orders in code.

1. The pending has the slight advantage, A) you are closer to the top of the queue (filled quicker), B) there's no round trip network delay (filled quicker.)

Don't worry about it unless you're scalping M1 or trading news.

2. Humans can't watch the screen 24/7, so they use pending orders; EAs can, so no need for pending orders, have it wait until the market reaches the trigger price and just open an order.

Thank you for the correction William about stop orders.

Apparently Oleksandr was correct. Limit orders are not really getting set. Perhaps the quote below is old information, and this is changed " 

Per FXSaber: "Before the introduction of hedge TakeProfit open positions were not stored on the exchange in the form of limit orders, but on the MT5 trading server. And at the moment of acceptance, they were sent to the exchange not as limit orders at the declared price, but as market orders at the declared price."