AI 2023. Meet ChatGPT. - page 158

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:

tell you what happened to you, not information

through sound waves.

you have seen that information outside you is in sound waves, information is in the vibrations of the air around you, and will continue to be until the vibrations fade away. everyone who catches the vibrations of the air with their ears or anything else will get the information, maybe no one will, but the information is still recorded in the sound waves.

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:
Who sees? And for whom it is and for whom it is not.

They affect agriculture, so they are for everyone.

Andrey Dik #:

You have seen that the information outside you is in sound waves, the information is in the vibrations of the air around you, and will continue to be until the vibrations fade away.

No, you just extracted sound waves from your larynx. But since you agreed on their meaning and you share the same values, the eavesdropper picked up the information message with his ear. And the Chinaman didn't get it and went to solder a receiver.

Lilita Bogachkova #:

The concept of information can be difficult to define precisely, but it generally refers to data, knowledge, facts or ideas that are transmitted, received or processed by people or machines. Although information may exist independently of human awareness, it usually requires some means of representation, transmission or storage, such as language, symbols, signals or electronic media.

Information can have various properties, including content, structure, context, relevance, accuracy, currency and accessibility. These properties can be influenced by factors such as the source of the information, the intended audience, the communication channel used, and the cultural or social context in which the information is created or received. Material properties, such as the physical characteristics of the environment in which the information is stored or transmitted, may also come into play.

In general, information can be thought of as an abstract concept that is represented and processed in a variety of forms, including text, images, audio and video. These forms may have different material properties, such as the length of a text document or the capacity of a storage device, but they are all part of the broader concept of information.

Information is structured data. That is, you get raw data, you process it, you get information. Or even after processing no information is obtained, it happens too.

Sergey Gridnev #:
This comment did not exist before it was published. I.e. the fact that you wrote it does not indicate that you were the first to record the appearance of your comment as a comment.

To clarify: I claim that I was the first to recognise the content of the information written in this comment.

Lilita Bogachkova #:

To clarify: I am claiming that I was the first to know the content of the information written in this comment.

That's not a fact either. Perhaps someone dictated it to you.

Sergey Gridnev #:

Information is structured data. I.e. we received raw data, processed it and got information. Or even after processing no information was received, it happens too.

I think this is what I want to say: if an observer cannot observe the appearance of information in a certain period of time, it does not mean that the mentioned information does not exist.

Dmitry Fedoseev #:

They affect agriculture, so there's one for everyone.

Oh, God. I mean that if there are no people, then there is no one to cultivate the land and there is no picture of the world and no concept of the world as such. That is, there will be no world as we understand it, and no one knows if there is any other world and what kind of world it is, it is as if it does not exist.

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:

No, you just extracted sound waves from your larynx. But since you agreed on their meaning and you have common values, the eavesdropper caught the information message with his ear. And the Chinaman didn't get it and went to solder a receiver.

)))

having enough information, it is possible to interpret it. the possibility of interpreting it is a question of quantitative sufficiency of information. this is how many records in unknown languages have been deciphered, for example. this is how decryption machines work (remember the famous Enigma).

radio espionage would be impossible according to your logic. in fact, information technology would not be possible at all.

Lilita Bogachkova #:

The concept of information can be difficult to define precisely, but it generally refers to data, knowledge, facts or ideas that are transmitted, received or processed by people or machines. Although information may exist independently of human awareness, it usually requires some means of representation, transmission or storage, such as language, symbols, signals or electronic media.

Information can have various properties, including content, structure, context, relevance, accuracy, currency and accessibility. These properties can be influenced by factors such as the source of the information, the intended audience, the communication channel used, and the cultural or social context in which the information is created or received. Material properties, such as the physical characteristics of the environment in which the information is stored or transmitted, may also come into play.

In general, information can be thought of as an abstract concept that is represented and processed in a variety of forms, including text, images, audio and video. These forms may have different material properties, such as the length of a text document or the capacity of a storage device, but they are all part of the broader concept of information.

You have argued that information exists independently of the mind, but it cannot exist in nature and not have physical properties. Concepts only exist in the realm of the mind and if there is no mind there is no abstraction. It's quite obvious.

Carriers of information carry it only for those who know about it and are able to extract their content. If there are no such people, the carriers of information are empty. More precisely, they are not even carriers.