AI 2023. Meet ChatGPT. - page 155

Реter Konow #:
The meaning of AI's answers coincides with my point of view (although I have not communicated with him on this topic), but he and you are missing an important detail - the work of a person creating information.

Above, I wrote about the work of the mind with data. Matter does not provide any "facts", it transmits data to the organs of perception or instruments of measurement. We reproduce the picture of a phenomenon by applying processing methods and approaches to interpretation that evolve and change with the development of science.

The earth is NOT actually a circle. A circle is an abstract product of the mind. Generalisation. Vacuum - in reality, it is not empty. The sun, in reality, is not hot. This thought can be developed further. The speed of light is not 300,000 kilometres per second, but an infinite approximation to that figure.

Facts are subjective knowledge constructed by our measures, estimates and generalisations. A product of the human mind.

I think it is necessary to separate the total amount of individual information of all subjects of the planet from the amount of information that each individual subject possesses.

Because they are different concepts.

The total amount of individual information of all subjects of the planet is the sum of all knowledge, facts, ideas, etc., which can be transmitted or received by people in different forms and contexts. The amount of information possessed by each individual subject is the part of this sum that corresponds to the interests, needs and capabilities of a particular person.

Taking this division as a basis, it is easy to understand that the information known to each individual subject is itself information that may not be part of the information available to another subject. But this does not mean that this information does not exist.

For example, a person finds a fragment of a small asteroid on Earth. So, the person who found the asteroid learns at the moment of finding it that this asteroid fell to the Earth, but this does not exclude the fact that the information about finding this asteroid on the Earth comes from the moment of its fall. Hence, information is created at the moment when the action that creates this information takes place, regardless of whether someone observes this action or not.

Lilita Bogachkova #:

I believe it is necessary to separate the total amount of individual information of all subjects on the planet from the amount of information each individual subject possesses.

Because they are different concepts.

The total amount of individual information of all subjects of the planet is the sum of all knowledge, facts, ideas, etc., which can be transmitted or received by people in different forms and contexts. The amount of information possessed by each individual subject is the part of this sum that corresponds to the interests, needs and capabilities of a particular person.

Taking this division as a basis, it is easy to understand that the information known to each individual subject is itself information that may not be part of the information available to another subject. But this does not mean that this information does not exist.

For example, a person finds a fragment of a small asteroid on Earth. So, the person who found the asteroid learns at the moment of finding it that this asteroid fell to the Earth, but this does not exclude the fact that the information about finding this asteroid on the Earth comes from the moment of its fall. Hence, information is created at the moment when the action that creates this information takes place, regardless of whether someone observes this action or not.

I've already made similar arguments and not only me, it's useless, it doesn't get through. in my opinion, Peter is just trolling in his own thread.

Lilita Bogachkova #:

For example, a person finds a fragment of a small asteroid on the Earth. So, a person who finds an asteroid learns at the moment of finding it that this asteroid has fallen to the Earth, but this does not exclude the fact that the information about the presence of this asteroid on the Earth comes from the moment of its fall. Hence, information is created at the moment the action that creates that information occurs, whether or not anyone observes that action.

In order to "know" this one must conduct a study of the material found. Obviously, such learning does not occur at the moment of finding. Yes, one can hypothesise the extraterrestrial origin of the object, but no more.

And the mere fact of an asteroid fall does not generate information about that fall. If this event was not recorded by eyewitnesses or any equipment, there is no information about it.

Sergey Gridnev #:
In order to "know" it, it is necessary to study the found material. Obviously, such a study does not take place at the moment of finding. Yes, one can hypothesise the extraterrestrial origin of the object, but no more.

And the mere fact of an asteroid fall does not generate information about that fall. If this event was not recorded by eyewitnesses or any equipment, there is no information about it.

Suppose that the specified object has been on the earth for a million years. During this period of time, various living beings could have acquired information about this object and passed this information from parents to children (for example, that it gets hotter in the sun and animals can bask on it better, or, on the contrary, it should be avoided because it becomes too hot compared to the environment). The example mentioned does not provide information to support the fact that it was dropped, but it does indicate that there may be living beings who are aware of the existence of the object during this time period.

Does the fact that people became aware of the object the moment the finder informed others about the object, rather than dropping it on the ground and moving on, support the appearance of information? I think not, just that at that moment people are aware of the object, but it is very possible that this knowledge of the object could be lost and does that mean that the found object is also gone?

Lilita Bogachkova #:

Suppose that the specified object has been on earth for a million years. During this time period, various living beings may have acquired information about this object and passed this information from parents to children (e.g., that it gets hotter in the sun and animals can bask on it better, or, conversely, that it should be avoided because it gets too hot compared to its surroundings). The example mentioned does not provide information to support the fact that it was dropped, but it does indicate that there may be living beings aware of the existence of the object during that time period.

Does the fact that people became aware of the object the moment the finder informed others about the object, rather than dropping it on the ground and moving on, support the appearance of information? I would think no, it's just that at that moment people know about the object, but it's very possible that this knowledge of the object could be lost and does that mean that the found object is also gone?

The information is what is reflected in the changes in your box after interacting with the data. It doesn't matter how many years it's been lying around or how many gophers have peed on it.

your box before and your box after, if something inside has changed, information has been received. Otherwise it wasn't received and it doesn't exist.

What's so hard?

Lilita Bogachkova #:

Suppose that the specified object has been on earth for a million years. During this time period, various living beings may have acquired information about this object and passed this information from parents to children (e.g., that it gets hotter in the sun and animals can bask on it better, or, conversely, that it should be avoided because it gets too hot compared to its surroundings). The example mentioned does not provide information to support the fact that it was dropped, but it does indicate that there may be living beings who are aware of the existence of the object during this time period.

Does the fact that people became aware of the object the moment the finder informed others about the object, rather than dropping it on the ground and moving on, support the appearance of information? I think not, it's just that at that moment people are aware of the object, but it's very possible that this knowledge of the object could be lost and does that mean that the found object is also gone?

I have written earlier in this thread: some of the participants of the discussion identify information about the object with the object itself.

Coming back to this hypothetical object: tell me, did the people who found it know about the places that the object had travelled in space? Following your logic, all this information is in the object.

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:

information is what is reflected in the changes in your box after interacting with the data. It doesn't matter how many years it has been lying around or how many gophers have peed on it.

Your box before and your box after, if something changed inside - information was received. Otherwise it wasn't received and it doesn't exist.

What's so hard?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

AI 2023. Meet ChatGPT.

Lilita Bogachkova, 2023.05.01 10:05 AM

I think it is necessary to separate the total amount of individual information of all subjects of the planet from the amount of information that each individual subject possesses.

Because these are different concepts.

The total amount of individual information of all subjects of the planet is the sum of all knowledge, facts, ideas, etc. that can be transmitted or received by people in different forms and contexts. The amount of information possessed by each individual subject is the part of this sum that corresponds to the interests, needs and possibilities of a particular person.

Lilita Bogachkova #:

What is the total amount of individual information measured in and on what scales can this be weighed?

and how can the sum of knowledge be calculated?

Cut me off a little bit.

and if a person saw an asteroid and gave you information about it in Chinese, did your amount of information increase?

Maxim Dmitrievsky #:

information is what is reflected in the changes in your box after interacting with the data. It doesn't matter how many years it has been lying around or how many gophers have peed on it.

Your box before and your box after, if something changed inside - information was received. Otherwise it wasn't received and it doesn't exist.

What's so hard?

Did you turn it round the other way or something?

You put information on a memory stick and mankind died out. So now there's no information on a memory stick?

What difference does it make whether it's a flash drive, an ice core, an electromagnetic wave, or a dried-up mammoth turd? - They're just different media.

Andrey Dik #:

Did you turn backwards or something?

They put information on a memory stick and mankind died out. So now there's no information on a memory stick?

What's the difference between a flash drive, an ice core, an electromagnetic wave, or a dried up mammoth turd? - They're just different media.

There's no information on a memory stick, did I say there was? There are transistors on a memory stick.