VPS Not working?

My trades are only syncing up with the signal owner when I have MT5 open on my PC.

I've made sure "real time signal subscription" is enabled but this hasn't done anything to solve the issue

any help is appreciated

MT5?
Use the instruction about how to subscribe (just in case you missed something):

How to Subscribe to MT5 Signal - the instruction
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/336422
  (MT5)

How to Subscribe to a MT5 Signal - How to subscribe to MT5 signals for real time signal subscription
How to Subscribe to a MT5 Signal - How to subscribe to MT5 signals for real time signal subscription
  • Eleni Anna Branou
  • www.mql5.com
You should check for this:   signal enabled , message regularly (once a day i would say), in order to ensure that you are copying the signal perfectly. Thanks, i think i've noticed the issue after reading that - noticed in the journal that the currency pairs couldn't be found, and so must have been because they're not in the watchlist, i've added them so hopefully that'll be ok now

Also check the MQL5 VPS (right click) >> Journals for any strange message or errors.

Sergey Golubev #:

MT5?
Use the instruction about how to subscribe (just in case you missed something):

How to Subscribe to MT5 Signal - the instruction
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/336422
  (MT5)

Ive gone through this link and followed the instructions however I'm still little confused about why I shouldn't enable real time signal subscription as the issue I've been having with the signal not working 24/7 was happening when I had "Enable real time signal subscription" not enabled.

Sash Bienedell #:

Ive gone through this link and followed the instructions however I'm still little confused about why I shouldn't enable real time signal subscription as the issue I've been having with the signal not working 24/7 was happening when I had "Enable real time signal subscription" not enabled.

From the instruction https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/336422

After you finished with the synchronization of the signal subscription to the MQL5 VPS, DO NOT TICK AGAIN the: Enable realtime signal subscription option in your local computer’s MT5 platform, because that way you will copy the signal twice and this is extremely dangerous !!!

When you use a MQL5 VPS in order to copy a signal, you IGNORE the MT5 Journal tab, down in the terminal window and you only check the MQL5 VPS (right click) Journals, for useful information about your smooth signal copying.

--------------------------

Why do not tick "Enable realtime signal subscription" again after sucessful synchronization/migration to MQL5 VPS?
Because MQL5 VPS is "Metatrader in cloud". Yes, it is your an other Metatrader, and if this "Metarrader in cloud) is copying the trades so your home Metatrader must not copy same trades ...

• Eleni Anna Branou
  • www.mql5.com
You should check for this:   signal enabled , message regularly (once a day i would say), in order to ensure that you are copying the signal perfectly. Thanks, i think i've noticed the issue after reading that - noticed in the journal that the currency pairs couldn't be found, and so must have been because they're not in the watchlist, i've added them so hopefully that'll be ok now

Sergey Golubev #:

From the instruction https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/336422

After you finished with the synchronization of the signal subscription to the MQL5 VPS, DO NOT TICK AGAIN the: Enable realtime signal subscription option in your local computer’s MT5 platform, because that way you will copy the signal twice and this is extremely dangerous !!!

When you use a MQL5 VPS in order to copy a signal, you IGNORE the MT5 Journal tab, down in the terminal window and you only check the MQL5 VPS (right click) Journals, for useful information about your smooth signal copying.

--------------------------

Why do not tick "Enable realtime signal subscription" again after sucessful synchronization/migration to MQL5 VPS?
Because MQL5 VPS is "Metatrader in cloud". Yes, it is your an other Metatrader, and if this "Metarrader in cloud) is copying the trades so your home Metatrader must not copy same trades ...

So my issue hasnt been resolved completely, the signal is working but only sometimes. The only way to make it work consistently is to have MetaTrader 5 open on my home pc.

I did a test trade with the signal owner  last night and It didnt execute the trade on my account, however we did one this morning and it did work. Both times my home Pc wasnt on and I didnt have Metatrader 5 open.

Id really appreciate some more guidance as i have lost a months worth of trading time and some of my equity due to this issue.

I have attached screenshots of my Account (The one in dark mode) and the signal owners account (The one in light mode) to show how this issue hasn't been resolved. The US500.a trade wasn't executed on my account 

Files:
IMG_1946.png  417 kb
IMG_1947.png  435 kb
IMG_1943.jpg  79 kb
IMG_1942.jpg  156 kb

Sash Bienedell #:
The US500.a trade wasn't executed on my account 

It is about the mapping.
I mean: the trades are copied only if the symbol is having Forex margin calculation in specification and if there is one same symbol only proposed by the broker. I think - this US500.a is not forex symbol by margin calculation based on specification of this symbol in Metatrader.

Mapping is well-known feature which is described in the FAQ here -

more -

mapping
Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service - Trader Signals Service - The most frequently asked questions will be collected and processed in this topic
Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service - Trader Signals Service - The most frequently asked questions will be collected and processed in this topic
  • MetaQuotes
  • www.mql5.com
The most frequently asked questions related to the signals service will be collected and processed in this topic. I do not want to broadcast it anymore. Full permission to perform trading is checked for each detected symbol

I have long asked for a function to be added to request to the server that this advisor is now already installed on the VPS server.

This would be suitable and would eliminate problems with the operation of Expert Advisors on the server.

Because the user sees that the Autotrade button is disabled and, in a panic, starts to turn it on, then receives 2 trades and then according to the result. Very dangerous.