ChartSymbol() function return error 4102 in build 4231

hi,     

ChartSymbol() function return error 4102 in MT5 build 4231, please advise, thanks.

while(!IsStopped())

{
      //printf("IsStopped");
      long chartId=ChartFirst();  //printf(chartId);

while(chartId>=0 && !IsStopped())
        {
         long chartId=ChartFirst();
         printf(chartId);

ResetLastError();
         string symbol=ChartSymbol(chartId);

int lastError=GetLastError();
         printf("symbol " + symbol);
         printf(lastError);
        }
     }

Suibo Wen:

hi,     

ChartSymbol() function return error 4102 in MT5 build 4231, please advise, thanks.

I have a similar problem. ChartSymbol() returns an empty string.

string chartSymbol=ChartSymbol(chartid);

It has been working until the last update. Actually it is still working on my development windows pc, but not anymore on my vps on which I run MT5 under linux with wine.

I have two  MT5 build 4231 installed on two difference computer,    one is error as above(C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5), the other is OK  (d:\Users\RW\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075).  does it cause by the difference of data folder?

Suibo Wen:

hi, 

while(!IsStopped())

{
      //printf("IsStopped");
      long chartId=ChartFirst();  //printf(chartId);

while(chartId>=0 && !IsStopped())
        {
         long chartId=ChartFirst();
         printf(chartId);

ResetLastError();
         string symbol=ChartSymbol(chartId);

int lastError=GetLastError();
         printf("symbol " + symbol);
         printf(lastError);
        }
     }

Inserting delay <for example 1000-2000 milliseconds> inside this hard loop has a chance that then everything will be fine

Suibo Wen #:

I have two  MT5 build 4231 installed on two difference computer,    one is error as above(C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5), the other is OK  (d:\Users\RW\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075).  does it cause by the difference of data folder?

I have downgraded the teminal to the build 4153 and now my EAs are working. Hope this will be fixed soon.

Gyula Kampfner #:
I have downgraded the teminal to the build 4153 and now my EAs are working. Hope this will be fixed soon.

I would like to know where can download build 4153,    does it auto upgrade to build 4231 again?

Suibo Wen #:

I would like to know where can download build 4153,    does it auto upgrade to build 4231 again?

As far as I know there is no offical repository for the older versions. I downloadad from here: https://forum.communitypowerea.com/en/communities/7/topics/411-how-to-roll-back-to-the-previous-version-build-of-metatrader
How to roll back to the previous version (build) of... / CommunityPower EA / CommunityPower EA
How to roll back to the previous version (build) of... / CommunityPower EA / CommunityPower EA
  • forum.communitypowerea.com
To roll back your MT4/MT5 to the previous version: 1. Find the MT path (File - Open Data folder) 2. Close the terminal 3. Replace exe-files in the terminal folder with files from my archive 4. Start the terminal again 5. Click "Remind me later" in the "Live update" window.

Thank you.

new build 4232 fixed, thanks.