Discussing the article: "Developing a Replay System (Part 28): Expert Advisor project — C_Mouse class (II)"

Check out the new article: Developing a Replay System (Part 28): Expert Advisor project — C_Mouse class (II).

When people started creating the first systems capable of computing, everything required the participation of engineers, who had to know the project very well. We are talking about the dawn of computer technology, a time when there were not even terminals for programming. As it developed and more people got interested in being able to create something, new ideas and ways of programming emerged which replaced the previous-style changing of connector positions. This is when the first terminals appeared.

For those who have been programming for a long time, what we show below may not make much sense. Why go to all this trouble to bring programming closer to natural language? The answer is simple: you are not programming for the machine, but for other programmers. At the time of the first systems capable of factoring something everything depended on how well the engineers knew the project. This was the reality at the dawn of computer technology, when there were no terminals for programming.

As it developed and more people got interested in being able to create something, new ideas and ways of programming emerged which replaced the previous-style changing of connector positions. This is when the first terminals appeared. Over time, programming, which was originally done exclusively in binary format, was no longer the norm. This happened because programs evolved very quickly, which led to the need to find a more efficient way to read what was programmed. At that time the assembly language emerged. This powerful framework transformed complex binary code work into something more readable, in the form of OpCodes or mnemonic code. Programs became more and more complex, requiring more and more code, and the first higher-level languages appeared.

There was no longer a need to deal directly with OpCodes as it became possible to use a language closer to natural. At first, these languages were developed primarily to create and describe mathematical concepts, that is, they mainly served to facilitate the translation of formulas into computer-readable forms. This process no longer had to be done manually by a person. This gave birth to a new era - the era of the compiler, which translated human language into a language that a machine can understand. I've been programming this way for years, trying to explain how programs are made and getting more people to learn and translate their ideas into something that a computer can understand. However, I realized that many people have difficulty understanding some concepts since programming mostly involves combining and using symbols to express what we want to create.

But considering that the MQL5 language is similar to C/C++ and has the ability to do things in a way that makes the code more readable, it becomes ideal for demonstrating something different. Then, after analyzing things, I realized that I could help enthusiasts understand what was being programmed even without fully understanding the code. So, I decided to change the way the code was expressed. In the end, everything will be understood by the compiler, so it doesn't matter to the compiler. But this is of great importance for enthusiasts, since the language will be much closer to natural. Although the code may seem strange and unusual at first glance, it will be much easier for a beginner to understand.

I invite you to join me in these short moments when we use the MQL5 language in a way that is much closer to natural language.

Author: Daniel Jose