Slippage during testing?

Is it possible to get a huge slippage during strategy testing? I've been testing an EA on M5 XAUUSD chart and found that the test account was stopped out due to a huge slippage. The stop loss level was about 160 pips, but the filled price was about 1080 pips, which was about 7 times the SL distance. 

I checked the chart. The price was filled near the very tip of the candle wick. Does it mean that the broker or the broker's counter party could not fill the stop loss order? It wasn't a weekend gap. It happened on Thursday.

I doubt strategy tester can simulte such slippage.But could anybody tell me it could happen, or it's just data error or something?

This is a self-reply to clarify my own question. To make it short, during a strategy-testing, I got a much bigger loss than the stop loss placed by my EA. The SL was there, but not respected. Does this mean I would have taken the same huge loss if I traded the same period?

Yes. It could be slippage. But take into account that the quality of historical data may not be good enough to simulate what could happen in live.

Thank you for your input. So it could possibly happen.

Yas #:
Thank you for your input. So it could possibly happen.

Please make sure to test with real ticks coming from your broker.

Yashar Seyyedin #:

Please make sure to test with real ticks coming from your broker.

It must have been real ticks, but I'll double check. Thank you!