MT5 on Mac Mini M2 with Sonoma 14.3 - not connecting to network

Hi there, 

I have recently upgraded to a mac studio mini running Sonoma 14.3; and am having an issue with MT5 connecting to the network (I assume this is my brokers server?), which is displayed down the bottom right hand corner of the app. I am unable to successfully log into my broker accounts, which are definitely working via the same login details on another device. 

The app version is the most recent version from the MT5 website: https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/start_advanced/install_mac

Also, when I select 'tools' > options > server > I am unable to save my broker account details. It keeps reverting to the metaquotes-demo account.

The app is running Wine 64. Please let me know if there is any other info you might need to help resolve this. 

Would greatly appreciate any insights if anyone has been able to resolve this issue!

Thanks in advance!

Installation on Mac OS - For Advanced Users - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The trading platform can be installed and used on computers that run Mac OS using Wine. Wine is a free and open source software application that...

I do not have Mac computer so I can not practically help you.
But I found one post which may be related to your issue:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Errors, bugs, questions

Sergey T , 2023.11.03 11:49

Tested on Mac Air 2020 on Sonoma 14.0. I connected to a couple of brokers and Metaquotes-Demo. The market is working.

Did you accept the Gecko and Mono request during installation?

Did you install it by cleaning old terminals and their prefixes?

Matthew Mahon:

Hi there, 

I have recently upgraded to a mac studio mini running Sonoma 14.3; and am having an issue with MT5 connecting to the network (I assume this is my brokers server?), which is displayed down the bottom right hand corner of the app. I am unable to successfully log into my broker accounts, which are definitely working via the same login details on another device. 

The app version is the most recent version from the MT5 website: https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/start_advanced/install_mac

Also, when I select 'tools' > options > server > I am unable to save my broker account details. It keeps reverting to the metaquotes-demo account.

The app is running Wine 64. Please let me know if there is any other info you might need to help resolve this. 

Would greatly appreciate any insights if anyone has been able to resolve this issue!

Thanks in advance!

Dear Matthew, 

based on experience, I can tell, get Parallels Desktop to run your MetaTrader in a native Windows environment.

It saves you a ton of time and headache, and you get a reliable solution for your trading environment.

Best regards

Daniel

Hi Daniel and Sergey, 

Thank you both for your responses. 

In the end I was able to resolve the issue by deleting both the MT5 application from the standard applications folder; and then deleting the "net.metaquotes.wine.metatrader5" file from MacintoshHD > Users > [user account name] > Library > Application Support. 

Then doing another fresh reinstall from: https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/start_advanced/install_mac

The terminal now connects to the network perfectly. 

Hope this helps anyone else in a similar situation. 

Cheers

Installation on Mac OS - For Advanced Users - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The trading platform can be installed and used on computers that run Mac OS using Wine. Wine is a free and open source software application that...

Did you check if it up to date.

Mattisprobablytaken #:

Hi Daniel and Sergey, 

Thank you both for your responses. 

In the end I was able to resolve the issue by deleting both the MT5 application from the standard applications folder; and then deleting the "net.metaquotes.wine.metatrader5" file from MacintoshHD > Users > [user account name] > Library > Application Support. 

Then doing another fresh reinstall from: https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/start_advanced/install_mac

The terminal now connects to the network perfectly. 

Hope this helps anyone else in a similar situation. 

Cheers

Hi Matt... following your steps, i'm still unable to connect to my broker.

I recently upgraded from Mac OS 12 to Sonoma. i'm unsure what else to do :( 

It was the discussion in Russian forum about MT5 on Mac, and the service desk participated in the thread, and as a result:
MT5 was updated for new beta 4189 which was fixed for Mac:

MacBook MT5 started giving an error when logging in

MetaQuotes , 2024.02.15 18:21

This error has already been fixed.

Install from the installer and update to the latest beta, please.

MacBook MT5 started giving an error when logging in

MetaQuotes , 2024.02.15 19:43

Look at the "Log" tab, where the test results are written

The current beta version is 4189. Installers for Mac have also been updated to this build.