in journal: pages of Chart: Saved. - page 2

Revo Trades #: so? you would suggest I get 4153 then? I still have 2 platforms of this version, so I will just need to copy and paste the 3 exe files into the installed folder, correct?

Yes, just copy over the 3 executable files.

• terminal64.exe
  • metaeditor64.exe
  • metatester64.exe
EDIT: Yes, "botched" is a very technical and sophisticated term 😅

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes, just copy over the 3 executable files.

• terminal64.exe
    • metaeditor64.exe
    • metatester64.exe
    EDIT: Yes, "botched" is a very technical and sophisticated term 😅

is 4167 a release or beta?

@Revo Trades #: is 4167 a release or beta?

Anything that is not officially announced in the forum as being an official release is "beta".

The latest announcement is usually pinned to the top of the "General" section and the latest is ...

With the 4153 patch mentioned in post #32 of that thread.

New MetaTrader 5 Platform build 4150: Trading report export and new machine learning methods in MQL5 - Merkel Launches the MetroTrader 5 Platform Update for 2016
      New MetaTrader 5 Platform build 4150: Trading report export and new machine learning methods in MQL5 - Merkel Launches the MetroTrader 5 Platform Update for 2016
      • www.mql5.com
      The metatrader 5 platform update will be released on thursday, january 18, 2024. I am looking forward to the day when mt5 supports 5 more timeframes (d2, d3, d4, w2 and w3) for better multi-time frame analysis when trading long term

Revo Trades #: is 4167 a release or beta?

Also, the latest official release is usually described on MetaTrader 5's official release notes ...

What's new in MetaTrader 5
      • www.metatrader5.com
      The new version provides the ability to save trading reports as HTML and PDF files. With this option, you can easily share your trading achievements with colleagues and investors. Another innovation enables the saving of the current Market Watch state to a file.

Fernando Carreiro #:

This is the main reason, I only work with "portable" mode and never do fresh installations.

do you mean that the beta updates are not pushed onto the portable terminals?

if so, how do i know when there is a new "release" version available that I should update the portable terminals with?

Revo Trades #: do you mean that the beta updates are not pushed onto the portable terminals?

if so, how do i know when there is a new "release" version available that I should update the portable terminals with?

1. I do not ever connect to the MetaQuotes demo accounts (they always push out "beta" builds).
      2. I only connect to reputable broker accounts (demo or real), and they only push out official released builds (and builds to fix "botched" releases).
      3. I don't ever carry out installations. I create a folder as needed, then copy over the executables, then create a menu shortcut using the "/portable" command line parameter.

Fernando Carreiro #:
      1. I do not ever connect to the MetaQuotes demo accounts (they always push out "beta" builds).
      2. I only connect to reputable broker accounts (demo or real), and they only push out official released builds (and builds to fix "botched" releases).
      3. I don't ever carry out installations. I create a folder as needed, then copy over the executables, then create a menu shortcut using the "/portable" command line parameter.

ok. thank you.